Saying Hello...

Options
I'm new to myfitnesspal. I'm in my early 40's, trying to work out at home. I have about 20lbs I want to loose. I'm struggling with motivation. I can't seem to get into a groove. I've been doing monthly challenges, mainly ab exercises, as this is a main area that bother's me. I also do squats. I hope to start walking/running this week. I would love to be able to run a 5k without dying! I hope to make some friends here. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Would love to motivate! I just signed up for my first 5k and although it may be wishful to think I will run the whole thing it will be my first race and I will at least finish it. We all start somewhere and just need to keep moving. Keep up the at home workouts and incorporate what cardio you can. Walking, running, biking.

Pintrest and youtube have a variety of home workouts or you could try a a DVD. Mix it up and find things you enjoy. Just don't quit when if gets boring, tedious or challenging.
  • FemmeFire
    FemmeFire Posts: 49
    Options
    Feel free to add me and to also follow me on FB: facebook.com/femmefire. I post motivational and nutritional ideas every day.
    I will be 40 this week, mother of 2 and a shift worker in the policing field.
    Welcome!
  • luztrella
    luztrella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cheers everyone!

I'm 48, I work full time and attend college full time. I would like to lose 65 pounds, eat healthy and get in shape, not necessarily in that order.

I would love some friends, send me an invite. :)
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Youtube is awesome for workouts! Try any Livestrong woman workout. Their weight loss yoga and other ones are awesome and usually around 10 minutes so you could do one at a time or a couple!