Not loosing?

Options
Okay so before anyone starts i know i am not ovrrweight and do not need to loose huge amounts of weight however i have recently gained a stone and would like to loose it in order to get back to feeling myself at a weight i am comfortable at! I currently weigh 131 pounds and im 5ft 4. My goal is around 119 pounds:) i attend metafit classes twice a week and currently eat between 800-1000 calories a day but the weight just dosnt seem to be shifting i have no idea why!

Replies

• alicemelinda1
    Options
    Its probably because you are not eating enough and your body is going into starvation mode and storing what you eat as fat. I'm no medical expert but im pretty sure you are eating LESS than is required for a child. You need to up your calorie intake before you do your body some serious damage.
  • kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Vanity pounds will come off pretty slowly - be patient. And definitely eat more, you're not fueling your body properly.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I would up you cal intake

are you drinking enough water? if not try a little lemon if you don't like the taste.

I cant see you diary of what you are eating, however i would eat lean proteins, lots of veg and 2-3 fruit, limits cab like bread and paste rice potatoes etc

you might to mix up what exercise walking, swimming, running, rower, bike weights etc, I do a boot camp that runs 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off, those weeks it is not on i run/walk and go to the gym and do karate, the week boot camp is on just boot camp, karate and a couple of gentle walks (boot camp is 2 times a week, karate 2 times a week)

our bodies are very clever, so you need to mix up that you are eating and what exercise you do just to keep it on its toes
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat more.. but also understand that you're an 18 year old girl... you might not end up being 119lbs for ever...
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Its probably because you are not eating enough and your body is going into starvation mode and storing what you eat as fat. I'm no medical expert but im pretty sure you are eating LESS than is required for a child. You need to up your calorie intake before you do your body some serious damage.

Starvation mode is a complete myth - you don't see many starving children in Africa or anorexics being all fat and wobbly! However I agree that the OP is eating too little, regardless of whether she is losing weight or not.

You are bang in the middle of your healthy BMI range, so if you want to lose a few more pounds - as someone said - for vanity purposes, then work out your TDEE (there are plenty of online calculators to help you do this), and factor in a deficit of say 10% - not too low because your body needs calories to keep it going! Eat back some of your exercise cals (best to eat them all back as burn counts are not very accurate).

Edited to clarify that starvation mode, as was defined here, is a myth. You don't "hold on to fat" if you eat too few calories. Rather, if you are genuinely starving, your body starts to burn muscle because there is no fat left. This is BAD.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What is loose weight?