Really proud of myself

Options
I joined the gym 4 weeks ago and I've really been enjoying it. I had a peep in the weights room a few time but felt really intimidated so walked straight back out.

Today it was really quiet there was no one in the weights room so I did a bit of cardio and then asked one of the instructors to help me out. He was really helpful, showed me the machines and told me what muscle groups they worked (not that I can remember them all) and showed me the free weights too. Showed me the correct form and which weights were right for me. Then he asked me about my cardio and showed me how to make the most out of it and introduced me to interval training too rather than just going in and doing the same thing day in and day out.

It's definitely just opened a whole new world of working out for me. I'm excited to see what I can do next session!

Replies

• jeneferphillips89
    Options
    Congrats! You should he proud of yourself! The weight section of the gym can be so fun, just don't be afraid to go in there when there are other people present. You got it girl!
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm hoping now that I have some idea about what I want to do in there I should be ok if others are in there too :blushing:
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Don't be intimidated...when you get comfortable you will be walking around with a puffed chest feeling like a beast....he he
  • katz6910
    Options
    Don't be intimidated...when you get comfortable you will be walking around with a puffed chest feeling like a beast....he he

Thank you, I'm looking forward to the day I walk anywhere feeling like a beast lol :flowerforyou:
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Keep upi the good work! :happy:
  • KariRDH
    KariRDH Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The interval training works! The trainer at the gym showed me how to focus in that area and it helped me bust through a plateau! Congrats on pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and starting on the weights! Not an easy thing to do!
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    This is exactly the kind of staff we all want in a gym :) knowledgeable, helpful etc nice to know you had a good experience :)
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Next time.....walk into the free weight section like you own the place. Because you do!!!!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my feet wet in the weight area as well. It IS kind of intimidating, so you should be proud of yourself.
  • katz6910
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It was crowded in there today, I wish I had access to a bigger gym. I did the interval training bit he suggested for me and a small amount of weights. Wasn't really feeling the workout today like I'd hoped but I'm not feeling great so I'm putting it down to that. Hopefully next time I go it will be better/quieter :drinker: