Circuit Training Phone Ap

Options
Hi - I'm just wondering if any of you have a circuit training phone ap that you would recommend. I know this subject has been brought up before, but everytime I search - I get all results with "ap" in it - and there are a lot of people that are h"ap"py (which is fantastic) but I'm having a hard time finding the info I'm really looking for.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

:drinker:

Replies

• doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I use an Android but I am sure the app I use is compatible with iPhones and stuff. I use "Workout Trainer". It has a pretty nice database of free workouts ranging from stretches to serious 60min+ workouts. I am not sure if they have a "circuit training" catergory (it might!), but most of the workouts are little rest with a lot of exertion. You can filter and search for different focuses (arms, legs, abs, etc.), it gives you verbal cues and encouragement, it has pictures/demonstrations of the exercise along with a written explanation, and it stores all the workouts you have done. It will also estimate your cals burned. I am not sure how accurate it is, but between MFP and Workout Trainer, I choose the lower cal burn just in case.

So.... check out Workout Trainer! :happy:
  • JenLikes2Rock
    Options
    I sure will doowop! Thank you!
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Not to hijack the thread but I am looking for a circuit training app as well! I want something that I can program to beep after a minute or so of doing an exercise that still will play my music! I didn't think this was such a hard order but apparently it is.
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club
  • emm3rs
    emm3rs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Also Sworkit is great, the free version allows you unlimited use, even can make your own workout, but you cannot save it. The $1.99 Pro-version allows you to save custom workouts , tracks your workouts, progress and allows you to further change some other things.

I enjoy the random-ness of the app. You say what you want to work and dial in how many minutes, and you get a workout. As soon as your done if you pick the same work out, they are completley different exercises and in a different order as well.