Can I Really Be That Close To My Goal Weight...And More?

Options

Replies

• kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What a great story. It's never too late for any of us to become healthy and fit, no matter what struggles we face; you are living proof of that. Thanks for sharing, you look incredible! I bet you feel amazing!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    How close are you to your dream weight? Do you see your goal coming closer and closer? Do you feel like it is SO CLOSE that you can almost touch it?

Very very close right now :bigsmile:

That recent loss of your's.... WOW.... fantastic....I'm jealous. Been following your blog postings and your journey has just been amazing. :flowerforyou:
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Really cool and a true inspiration. I started losing weight a few months ago and am 25 lbs down. Still a ways from my goal, but seeing you gives me hope that I'll make it.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! Very touching! I also have the feeling that mfp is a gift from god for me. It finally became so easy to lose weight! No more starving. It´s like a super-unicorn-rainbow-story! My goalweight is 14 lbs away as well! I will do it and I will stick to it!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats, such an inspiring story.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation, truly! You look radiant and HEALTHY!
  • sunnykay2014
    sunnykay2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Incredible story. Thank you for sharing. You are an inspiration and I wish you health and happiness in your new home.
  • sunnykay2014
    sunnykay2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You look great. Wonderful story and you have your health now. Did you do any form of exercise or become more active in your weight loss journey?

At first...being confined to a wheelchair, I found myself restricted to sit down exercises. I ordered a couple DVD called Sit and Fit that gave about 30 minutes of upper body workouts each morning. Then, in June...I took a chance. I bought my first swimsuit in more than 50 years. Mu surgeon had told me that could 'swim...but not walk or jump up and down, while in the water." I was sure that I would be the laughing of the Senior Center Outdoor Pool in complex in which we lived at the time. Instead, I welcomed and encouraged.

At first, I only swam 6 laps of 40 foot pool, but each day I grew stronger. In early October, Ed and I moved back to Hanford, California. No more community pool. I had been working out so hard with my swimming that I was up one hours of laps each day.

Once back in Hanford, I was scheduled for my surgery; and my new surgeon insisted that going to the pool might risk infection. If I had even gotten Athlete's Foot, the surgery would have been cancelled. So, no more swimming.

My hubbie joined a local fitness center; and when I am cleared by my doctors (especially the one looking at my recently discovered Lumbar Stenosis (protruding disk), I will get a membership and happily swim again.

Right now, my exercise is just getting used to my new knees and finally getting to parts of my home that needed some work.

Incredible story. Thank you for sharing. You are an inspiration and I wish you health and happiness in your new home.
  • JenGemx8x9x
    Options
    What an inspiration!Best of luck on your continued journey!!!
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wow - Congratulations. You are beaming with health and happiness inside and out. Very inspiring!
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You are incredible. Thanks for sharing!
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    congratulations! you look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
  • xmarykaterose
    xmarykaterose Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing!! such an inspiration!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Your story is such an inspiration. Many of us, faced with your challenges, might have used them as excuses and given up. You pushed through them all. Much success with your new knees and your healthy, active lifestyle!
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Your story made me cry. What struggles you have overcome! You are an amazing woman!
  • kellesee
    kellesee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story !! Thank you so much for sharing your hope with me.
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's incredible! Congrats!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring. Thank you for sharing. You give me hope that I too will see a number on the scale soon that I haven't seen in a very long time. I am struggling with a mini plateau right now, and I really needed to hear this.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being so close, and you look wonderful. I'm glad the recovery from your knee surgery is going so much better than it was. Won't be long and you will be back in the pool! I, too, have followed your journey from the start, and have been so inspired by it. Alas, the inspiration in my heart hasn't quite made it to my head & stomach, but it is getting there, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!