Need new Headphones!

Options
I spend about 5 hours in the gym every week and really enjoy listening to music while cruising on the bike or rowing machine. Obviously headphones are a must. I have, well had a cheap pair Kinivo bluetooth over-the-ear headphones that have lasted for a good 6 months now. Well, I always knew that not being sweatproof these would not last forever. Alas, my sweat finally got them.

So, I'm looking for something similar. I'm looking for a good set of headphones. My first priority is that they are bluetooth. Wires always get in the way. Second priority is they should be sweatproof. Lastly, I really prefer over or around the ear fits. I don't really like the earbuds. They never seem to stay put.

So what headphones do you gym rats use while busting (or building) your butt on those machines?

Replies

• csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Bumping back to first page.
  • ManjeetBhatia
    ManjeetBhatia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Take a look at these three:

http://goo.gl/MTIhKs (Yurbuds)

http://goo.gl/hptz1o (Motorola)

or if you like the "Bose" Brand http://goo.gl/uWfzkJ
  • likeabanner
    likeabanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I wish I could suggest the kind you like. I do pretty well with my Beats earbuds, or the earbuds that came with my 5th gen ipod. They have never fallen out of my ears and I typically don't get tangled or anything. The sound quality is what matters most to me.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I just bought those today! Can't wait to try them tomorrow.
  • csmccord
    Options

My only real concern with these is how they hold up to sweat. When I go to the gym, I sweat, and I mean no dry spots on my shirt sweat. I actually rusted the charger port on my other headphones off. I haven't found anything on these that say they are sweat resistant.
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I spend about 5 hours in the gym every week and really enjoy listening to music while cruising on the bike or rowing machine. Obviously headphones are a must. I have, well had a cheap pair Kinivo bluetooth over-the-ear headphones that have lasted for a good 6 months now. Well, I always knew that not being sweatproof these would not last forever. Alas, my sweat finally got them.

Do you have the 220s or the 240s? I've had the 240s since September and so far sweat (and rain and snow) hasn't caused them to fail. I've just assumed them to be a consumable and when they go I'll likely replace with the same unless something better/cheaper comes out. What symptom are yours experiencing that I should look for in mine? Do they just die entirely?
  • csmccord
    Options
    Do you have the 220s or the 240s? I've had the 240s since September and so far sweat (and rain and snow) hasn't caused them to fail. I've just assumed them to be a consumable and when they go I'll likely replace with the same unless something better/cheaper comes out. What symptom are yours experiencing that I should look for in mine? Do they just die entirely?

I have the 220 model. I really think it's just the power button on it. I've had problems with them not turning off all the time recently. So I would just turn off the bluetooth on my phone, and the headphones would shut themselves off after awhile. So now, they don't turn on at all. The red light still comes on when I charge them, so I really think it's just the power button that is the issue. I thought about just buying another pair of them since they are only like 25 bucks, however I've noticed that I've actually started to rust the charging port on it. Makes me think a sweatproof set would be better idea.

I just looked at the 240. Maybe I'll get that. It's about 5 bucks more, and seems the button has a better design on it. I never liked the power button on the 220, however I got it on a Groupon deal for 10 bucks, so I can't really complain. Kinivo makes one of the very few over-the-ear bluetooth headphones. As long as I can get 6 months out the next pair then I guess that would be okay. Just seems a bit wasteful.
  • jjking54
    jjking54 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Hope you like them as much as I do :)
  • jjking54
    jjking54 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

My only real concern with these is how they hold up to sweat. When I go to the gym, I sweat, and I mean no dry spots on my shirt sweat. I actually rusted the charger port on my other headphones off. I haven't found anything on these that say they are sweat resistant.

I'm a heavy sweater too ... they handle two hours of gym time, 1 hour of lifting, 1 hour of sweaty cardio just fine :)

And there's a "door" on the charger port.