Oh boy the weight

Options
I recently went through a divorce and as my emotional outlet has always been food (why couldn't it be exercise) I gained the 45lbs I had worked so hard to lose! I am so mad at myself and feel disgusting and hate the way I look and clothes feel but am finding it hard to get back on track :sad: . Any suggestions out there to help me get motivated?

Replies

• ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I wrote up a pros and cons list about my weight to get me going. Pros for losing weight. Cons for staying the same. In the end, the pros far outweighed the desires to eat badly and be lazy. Whenever I'm feeling unmotivated I go through that list (memorized) and remind myself why this is important. If you don't have a reason(s) to lose the weight, you'll find it really tough to do it.
  • aluethi1
    aluethi1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What about thinking of the look on your ex's face seeing you looking so awesome and healthy? :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Start loving yourself. Be good to yourself by putting good nutritious foods into your body. Be good to yourself by exercising as stress release and for building strength. You are worth it. Stop hating how you look and just be good to yourself and treat yourself right.
  • darrenfreidel
    Options
    Put a picture of me with a stache and wearing a manthong in your fridge and cubbords!!! the creapiness will haunt your dreams forever and you will never go into those cubbords alone
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    What about thinking of the look on your ex's face seeing you looking so awesome and healthy? :)

^ This :-)
  • Skittle_BoomBoom
    Options
    Get your ex completely out of your mind. Don't blame him for your weight loss. I did the same thing when I first gained my initial 30 pounds. I said "It's her fault! She made me eat all of this ****. She did this to me." And then I stopped blaming her and said, "It's not her fault. She wasn't in the room making me eat, I was. She wasn't holding me down on the bed telling me not to get out and do things. I did that to myself. Take ownership of your body and get motivated for YOU.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Go to your profile and fill in those spots on the left (why I want to get in shape, etc) and really think about it. I truly believe that without a specific goal, there is no way to stick with it.

Retrain your brain. You may go to food first now but it's still a choice. Stop choosing to use food to soothe and turn to activity instead. You don't have to go to the gym but at least get up off the couch and do some jumping jacks or something. And if you're just bored, go for a walk, call a friend, play some computer games, do crossword puzzles or take up knitting - something to keep your hands and mind busy. Or shut the TV off. Watching TV can be a major trigger for me, especially anything food related. When I feel those thoughts coming on, I turn the damn thing off and pick up a book instead.