Has anyone been doing any of Jillian Michaels workout?

Options
I've recently started Jillian Micheals 30 day shred, I just stared level 2 yesterday and her killer buns and thighs. I haven't noticed a changed from doing level 1, I did it for about the 10 day. I've had soreness, but I haven't lost any weight. I know its still early but its a bit discouraging. I don't need to lose alot of weight, and I don't eat big meals & I avoid junk food. Does any one have any recommendations to just start me losing some lbs?

Replies

• msewe171
    msewe171 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    YES! I swear by her DVDs. The Extreme Shed and Shred is great as well. I hated doing anything with weights but I really see a different with her workouts.
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred! I alternate the levels each day instead of level 1 for 10 days, 2 for another 10 so I don't get bored or too sore in the same spot (calves mainly). I've only dropped a pound but my clothes are fitting much better!!
  • karicassidy
    Options
    Yes I have tried a few of her workouts from the biggest loser show. And then was doing her body revolution since the beginning of January. Unfortunately last week on the start of week seven I injured my back and have been unable to continue with it right now. but anyways they are amazing I have seen more improvement inches wise than weight tho so I definitely recommend keeping measurements as well. The scale can be deceiving and discouraging at times
  • djstatick
    djstatick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I actually did one of her kettlebell DVD's yesterday with my wife, and it kicked my *kitten*. I only did it once, so far, but I was breathing heavy and sweating profusely by the end.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first go at Level 1 - whew (I haven't done much other than walking for ages)!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I use JM videos all the time. I've done 30 day shred, ripped in 30, body revolution and yoga meltdown so far. They're quick, easy to follow and for the most part can be fairly challenging for my fitness level.
    That being said, I find that with programs like 30 DS, there isn't enough variety. I get really bored - often. I tend to not finish an entire program because I'm ready to pull my own teeth out due to repetitiveness by the time I get to the final weeks.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 Day Shred and Killer Abs along with the Couch 2 5k program. This is week 2 of this exercise routine, no changes to notice yet!
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred:
    I did it last Friday and Saturday with no weights, and did it last night with 5 pound weights. Plan on doing it again tonight! I'm calling it Level 1, Day 2. For me it is hard but doable.
    I also do pretty intense cardio on the treadmill most days of the week - most of the time it's incline intervals.
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done level 2. I lost 6 pounds during level 1, and have hit a plateau now.

I've been eating out a lot more than usual, so I think once I get back on track with diet, I'll continue losing.

Are you only measuring weight, or are you taking body measurements as well?
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Love her videos. I did the 30 day shred the first time I started here and lost weight and got in shape. By tracking religiously here I lost weight but I mostly noticed the difference in my fitness level. Keep it up you will get results.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I completed 3 rounds of the 90 day JMBR program! I love it, got super awesome results and would recommend it to anyone!
  • 125KC
    125KC Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Love, Love Love JM !!

I've done her 30 day Shred program, I do her Blast Fat DVD whenever I need an extra workout, and I'm in the 2nd half of phase 2 of her Body Revolution.

I do JNL Fusion along side JM when I start to get bored or need to push off a plateau. Similar methods, great workouts, and keeps you motivated.
  • dla1076
    dla1076 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of level 1 of 30 day shred, my god she makes you sweat and i was really hurting first 3 days but today i feel much better & i am eager to complete the programme & see some results i've taken some photo's then i will take some more after the 30 days fingers crossed it works.Do you have a rest day on this programme ?:smile:
  • jollyquilter
    jollyquilter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I want to watch this one. I am looking for something to do at home.
  • MelaniePants
    Options
    I'm more of a gym person normally, I prefer spending about 2 hours there. BUT, when I can't or don't want to go to the gym, I usually do Jillian Micheal's videos. I like the 30 Day Shred or Kickbox Fast Fix, if I'm skipping the gym, and usually I'll do one of those plus Yoga Meltdown. Good stuff.
  • Thunderthighskelly
    Options
    I live by the book, Ripped in 30. Because the levels repeat themselves, I usually kick box or take a spinning class in between days to spice it up. Always see results but need to keep a watch on my diet and water intake.