Hello there!

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Marcia and I wanted to say hi. I've been a member of the site for awhile but am officially being accountable now and am hoping for some support and encouragement. I joined a gym in mid-February and have really kicked off some serious weight loss efforts after trying and failing at many things in the past including Weight Watchers and even surgery.

I have about 160 lbs to lose so am in for the long haul. I'm looking forward to chatting and learning a lot while I'm here! :)

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Marcia! Making friends on here is a really great way to keep you accountable and motivated on your weight loss journey. I try to log everyday and update my diary. Friending people who have had success with their profiles open is a good way to get ideas of what is working for other. I have sent you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • Marcia148
    Marcia148 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your advice and encouragement, Kalie! I appreciate it and have accepted your friend request :)

I'm getting in the hang of logging everything and have been finding a lot of good tips on the boards here. I did resting an active metabolic testing at the gym a few days ago and am actually amazed that I have a really high metabolism. Who knew?! Also hearing that I need to get in at least 2300 calories a day is extremely daunting, almost as much as the need to get in about 160g of protein daily! I'm not really sure how I'll manage but I'll try!
  • Skittle_BoomBoom
    Options
    I also tried this site and fell off of the wayside, gaining another 30 pounds last winter! We can lose this weight together!
  • ShayShayFletch
    ShayShayFletch Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well! you can add me if you like. Love being motivated and love to motivate. Good luck.