I don't understand, someone help

Options
I know it's not log but I haven't lost any weight in about 10 days. My calorie intake is about 900-1000 a day. My goal is 1200 and I work out 5-6 days a week doing a range from 300-500 each time. Am I eating too less?'im worried because I'm not loosing weight that if I eat more I will put weight on.. Just unsure of what to do. Wether to reduce gym or calorie in take
Please help!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to NET 1200 calories a day, that means if you burn off 300 calories you eat them back, so you total 1500 that day. Netting 800-1000 is too low, you're not doing yourself any favours. So, first thing's first, eat more. Also it looks like you've only got about 20lbs left to lose, and if that's true, 1200 is probably too low. If you've currently got your goal set to 2lbs/week, change them to 1lb or 0.5lbs a week. It's a much more realistic expectation when you haven't got much to lose.

Secondly, 10 days isn't enough to tell anything. It might be frustrating, but it just happens sometimes, it's nothing to worry about. If you haven't lost weight for 3-4 weeks, then's the time to start wondering what you're doing wrong.

So eat more and try not to get too discouraged! Good luck!
  • LucyMoran2013
    Options
    Aww okay thankyou that's a good explanation, helps a lot. I'll try to eat more, I suppose it is a process that's for life!:)
  • ebeth_s
    ebeth_s Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I stalled out after having lots of success at 1200 calories a day. I had to increase to 1400 to get the scales moving again.
  • piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I also stalled out a 1200 and increased to 1450.
  • KarlyK929
    KarlyK929 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is a good website for calculating the actual amount of calories you need:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Try using the BMR calorie amount it gives you and see if that helps.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    This link is intense and long, but start here, read it all, eat more, log everything accurately, train properly and you'll see results: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • LucyMoran2013
    Options
    I'm going to have to increase my intake, I suppose also if I want to keep the weight off I'll have to set my goal intake higher. All useful information thankyou :)
  • foryoublue
    Options
    You don't necessarily need to "eat more" but you need to eat things good for you but higher in calories such as pasta. You're working out a LOT for 900 calories so track your intake here and see what your carb/protein/fat breakdown is as a guide but you should probably speak to a nutritionist asap to get a realistic calorie/food plan and not trust the general info found through MFP.
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just keep eating what your eating and throw in 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter each day. This works good if you don't have time to eat, don't like eating, or just like peanut butter.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i know, it's hard to understand this point but it has something to do with metabolism, the way for you to understand it is to give yourself a chance for eating in higher calorie for awhile and see what happen
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    I'm going to have to increase my intake, I suppose also if I want to keep the weight off I'll have to set my goal intake higher. All useful information thankyou :)

Yep. Eat more, lose more.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    This link is intense and long, but start here, read it all, eat more, log everything accurately, train properly and you'll see results: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    ^ This. Read that link.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Oh and because people are throwing in the eat more stuff:

1) Log every single thing you eat, even condiments, vegetables and fruit. Everything that has nutritional value counts.

2) If you don't weigh your food, start doing so. It's highly likely you're underestimating how much you are actually eating. Most dieters make this mistake. I made this mistake myself and plateaued for a year. If you're not logging accurately, it's very easy to eat above your deficit and not even know it.

3) It wouldn't hurt to raise your calorie limit a little. But only if weighing all of your food and logging accurately. It takes a caloric deficit to lose weight.

4) If you're going to eat back exercise calories, get an accurate HRM so you're not overestimating how much you burn. Only by exercising non stop cardio for several hours could I possibly burn 1000 calories.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Invest in a food scale to weigh your food and don't use other people's homemade entries. You have no idea if they're accurate (1 cup homemade mashed potatoes with milk and butter is 100 cals? .

I know some people are telling you to eat more and you should eat more than 900 calories a day, but that depends on you having an accurate calorie count in the first place.

Exactly. It's difficult for me to imagine anyone eating 900 calories a day for any period of time. And if you did, you'd be losing weight. For just about anyone, that would be an enormous calorie deficit. And the whole "eat more" thing is kinda bogus. If you're not losing weight, you're not eating at a deficit. Eating more is unlikely to fix that.

Get a food scale.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    somethings got to be wrong. if your truely eating that little and buring that much you should probably see something. but it is pretty early.

suggest getting a scale and measuring cups and being very exact