My 50th birthday present to myself

Options
Hello All,

I'm new here and trying to lose weight for what seems like the millionth time in my life. Promised myself I wouldn't turn 30 overweight, then 40 and now I'll be 50, this coming fall. I became a Gramma last May and am hoping to get this weight off so I can keep up with my little angel face.

I'm just looking for a place to keep me accountable and I'd love to make some new friends. I'm SO hoping I can finally do it this time. Hopefully, it will be "Happy Birthday To Me" come November. :flowerforyou: Thanks!

GRAMMAinTN

Replies

• 55romaine
    55romaine Posts: 26
    Options
    Welcome.. I have sent you a friend request.
  • sapicsr
    sapicsr Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, like you I turn 50 this November and I keep telling myself I am going to lose about 20lbs. I being on this site for over a year, I keep track of everything for a week or two and then I stop. I figure maybe if I meet some people on here I will have a little more peer pressure to stick with it..
  • gdb64
    gdb64 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I just joined last week and am still navigating around the site. Everyday I find something new. As a newbie to the age 50, I also want to get in better shape and lose weight. I'll send you a friend request!! :smile:
  • GRAMMAinTN
    GRAMMAinTN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Everyone! Lots of supportive people here. Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress!
  • kreynolds322
    kreynolds322 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi my name's Kristen. I'm working on a 30th birthday present to me. Joined last July wanted to lose 50lbs by my 30th. I'm almost there I've got 1 more lb and 17 more days to do it. :-) mfp really works. I've tried tons of things but this is the only thing that has worked. :-)
  • rhonda6373
    Options
    Hello -- I will be turning 44 soon and hope to be in great shape by the time I am 50. I have a long way to go! One day at a time, right? I am also in TN, Nashville area. You can add me if you like.