Motivation?

Options
How do you stay motivated? I recently had a cheat day (Saturday & Sunday) but now I feel horrible about myself and I can't get out of this funk. I've been eating good again and tracking also been working out. Help me please!

Replies

• faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's okay! :) Focus on the positives. What are you doing that feels right? What's healthy? Build yourself up by celebrating how you are back on track and how you came out openly to talk about this. Keep moving forward and remind yourself of your special reasons for being healthier. These reasons are your motivation. :)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    You're still here!

If you know you will be over your calories - take a walk, do a workout, move and burn some calories. With all the snow we've got, I've lost some motivation too, feeling cooped up. But, I'm not about to give up, started lifting again on Sunday and it felt so good the last 2 days that I don't want to stop!

Some days you just have to PUSH! Believe me most times I'd rather be in my pjs eating chocolate. :-)
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I found that keeping a personal "diary" of your feelings toward food and overeating has helped tremendously. On those days that I go off track, I feel so unmotivated, I just want to quit my weight loss and finish eating that bag of chips :) But what helps me, I found, is writing down my feelings. The past few weeks I have been writing about my weight, my lack of self confidence and motivation at times, and that has helped me learn why I always quit. Try it for a few days, even when you feel the least motivated, just spend 10 minutes concentrating on letting out everything on your mind: your fears, setbacks, goals, victories, etc. Now on those days that I feel like giving up, I look back on my previous entries and it helps me get back up.
  • mallory5385
    mallory5385 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think i'm going to do this. thank you for the tip!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    You need to teach yourself balance that way you wont feel the need to have "cheat days" and feel miserable later.