Hangry

Options
3pm and I was REALLY hungry. Had planned to use my remaining 700 or so calories on a sandwich from a local sub place around 6pm. But I was hungry at 3pm. However, if I ate the sandwich at 3pm, I'd be hungry again before bedtime. So I reformulated my plan. Had a cup of non-fat cottage cheese with a cut up honeycrisp apple and lots of ground cinnamon at 3pm, and still have calories for a Wendy's plain baked potato with a small chili (no cheese or crackers) at 6pm. May not sound like much of a victory to you, but the longest footrace begins with a few steps in the right direction.

Replies

• Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    3pm and I was REALLY hungry. Had planned to use my remaining 700 or so calories on a sandwich from a local sub place around 6pm. But I was hungry at 3pm. However, if I ate the sandwich at 3pm, I'd be hungry again before bedtime. So I reformulated my plan. Had a cup of non-fat cottage cheese with a cut up honeycrisp apple and lots of ground cinnamon at 3pm, and still have calories for a Wendy's plain baked potato with a small chili (no cheese or crackers) at 6pm. May not sound like much of a victory to you, but the longest footrace begins with a few steps in the right direction.
    That my friend lets you know that you are changing. Best feeling out there!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. You get it! Keep up that mentality and amazing things will happen. :)
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm not even kidding... I just went through that same issue just now! I'm going to be making dinner around 7 and I am getting so hungery right now. Right now I am having a cut up honey crisp apple with Cinnamon then I read your post. Great minds think alike!!! Way to go and yes it's a huge victory!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Awesome job - it's the small steps we take in the right direction that get us to our goal.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome success, for many of us it is a mental thing and not caving into those cravings and end up over on calories. Once you win the mental battle, the rest is easier. Good luck and congrats! I'm also snacking on an apple instead of my usual bag of chips :wink:
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!!! AWESOME NSV!!!

You are ROCKING THIS
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!