why does my belly look bigger?

Options
i have been eatin a bit above what i should be (im supposed to eat 1250 and for the past 2 weeks ive been eating 1500-1800) i i havent gained any weight, in fact i lost 1 pound! so why does its seem my belly looks bigger than before?

Replies

• dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    you are saying it looks bigger maybe it isn't ...why not take a tape and measure yourself and then you can compare ..do, neck, bust, arms, waist, hips, thighs so now in the futur you can see what is going on, sometimes the scale does not show a minus but if you measure you can see that what you are doing is working...good luck ....:flowerforyou:
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    1. Have you been eating more salt?
    2. Have you decreased your water intake?
    3. Sometimes it just takes a while for the body to adjust to lost weight, which can give a "softer" or "flabby" appearance temporarily... though typically this is an issue for much more significant weight loss.
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    you are saying it looks bigger maybe it isn't ...why not take a tape and measure yourself and then you can compare ..do, neck, bust, arms, waist, hips, thighs so now in the futur you can see what is going on, sometimes the scale does not show a minus but if you measure you can see that what you are doing is working...good luck ....:flowerforyou:

i took measurements of my lower belly and its actually an inch bigger! but i didnt gain weight :/
    not sure if this has anything to do with this issue, but i do have a problem going "regularly" on a day to day basis
  • leviclampitt
    Options

not sure if this has anything to do with this issue, but i do have a problem going "regularly" on a day to day basis

This has everything to do with this. Food in > Food out = Bloat
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Have you pooped?
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    Have you pooped?

no:blushing:
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing weight, measure yourself after you go for number 2 - same exact problem with me. Was surprised to see how my stomach really looked when it wasn't bloated!
  • LTKeegan
    Options
    Have you pooped?

no:blushing:

Preeeeety sure you'll be fine once you poop. :-)
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    Are you in the beginning phases of fat loss?

Usually the first few pounds (anywhere from the first 10 to 15) are not subcutaneous fat (fat that you can see on the outside of your skin)...it's usually intramuscular fat, the fat that is stored inside your muscles. (Yeah our bodies suck and use that fat first).

Do your muscles feel firmer, tighter?

Also...poop...
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    Are you in the beginning phases of fat loss?

Usually the first few pounds (anywhere from the first 10 to 15) are not subcutaneous fat (fat that you can see on the outside of your skin)...it's usually intramuscular fat, the fat that is stored inside your muscles. (Yeah our bodies suck and use that fat first).

Do your muscles feel firmer, tighter?

Also...poop...

i have lost 25 pounds over the past 6 months, and yes, recently i feel my muscles feel a bit firmer, but not too much
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    I've "gone" to the bathroom twice put it still looks big. :( maybe I gained a pound on my belly
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I've "gone" to the bathroom twice put it still looks big. :( maybe I gained a pound on my belly

You can't gain fat on one part of your body and lose on the rest. It's probably just bloating. I know I feel like my stomach looks huge right around my period, and my pants fit tighter. It's probably water retention. If the scale is moving downward, just drink lots of water and be patient.
  • jardimgirl
    Options

You can't gain fat on one part of your body and lose on the rest. It's probably just bloating. I know I feel like my stomach looks huge right around my period, and my pants fit tighter. It's probably water retention. If the scale is moving downward, just drink lots of water and be patient.

thanks, i hope its just bloat
  • LTKeegan
    Options

thanks, i hope its just bloat

Are you on your period? Lots of women report bloating on their period.

Have you recently switched to eating a lot of veggies? or using a probiotic? Sometimes this can initially cause gas.

Have you been eating a lot of salt?

Have you in any other way changed up your diet?

Have you stopped exercising for a few days? I find when I don't use my abs for a few days my tummy starts to look squishier. Go to the gym for an hour, flat tummy again :)