OOPS!

Options
mrsbeck
mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
Yet another reminder to check the count before you eat...I only recently tried sushi and discovered I liked it. I was starving post-gym today and decided that sushi would be good. It's just fish and rice, how bad could the calorie count be? Plus the portions are small. Five hundred calories later, I have regrets. Although, to be honest, not many. It was REALLY good.

For those wondering, I had a rainbow roll and a spicy tuna roll. YUM!

Replies

• jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i love me some sushi!!
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    not had sushi in a while but I am a fan :smile:
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Sushi is the most fantastic "oops" I can think of! :smile:
  • mrsbeck
    Options
    Sushi is the most fantastic "oops" I can think of! :smile:

Right? If I'm gonna go overboard calorie-wise, at least I did it with something I really enjoyed!

Oh, and I'm not throwing in the towel on today, by the way. I still have lots of room to work with, I think I can still meet my calorie goal. I just don't normally have that many calories at lunch, so it was a little shocking. :)
  • michael300891
    Options
    Your oopses are so much better than mine. Mine consist of either a bag of doritos or a dominos pizza!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    For future reference, if you get mostly sashimi and skip anything with that damn delicious spicy mayo or tempura, it'll help with the caloric fall out. It does take some of the joy out of all those delicious rolls, but if you eat sushi frequently it's an option. We try to get a grilled squid appetizer, a big order of salmon sashimi, then one roll to share to minimize our rice/mayo/fried stuff intake and maximize our seafood-eating pleasure.

There is nothing better than the occasional indulgence in the crispiest, creamiest, least authentic sushi roll possible though. Mmmm.
  • mrsbeck
    Options
    For future reference, if you get mostly sashimi and skip anything with that damn delicious spicy mayo or tempura, it'll help with the caloric fall out. It does take some of the joy out of all those delicious rolls, but if you eat sushi frequently it's an option. We try to get a grilled squid appetizer, a big order of salmon sashimi, then one roll to share to minimize our rice/mayo/fried stuff intake and maximize our seafood-eating pleasure.

There is nothing better than the occasional indulgence in the crispiest, creamiest, least authentic sushi roll possible though. Mmmm.

I actually did think of that. I really wanted rolls though, since I really like the rice. I read through the menu descriptions and avoided anything with tempura, anything with the word "fried" in the description, and I was going to stay away from mayo as well, but the spicy tuna looked too good. At least the rainbow roll gets it's creaminess from avocado, so good fats there. I wouldn't categorize this as a big slip at all. I'm just feeling really chatty today, and was surprised by how high the count was, so I decided to share. :)