I can't believe its not BUTTer..

Options
This stuff is NASTY!! Has any1 ever had it or anything like it? I guess I will just have to have real butter but in small amounts.. This stuff ruined my breakfast this morning BLAH!! What r ur opinions on the stuff?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    That’s why it’s always on sale for 99 cents Cdn I suppose!

I bought it one time when it was on sale like a year ago (it doesn't expire does it? Oops, should check that ;) and it definitely doesn't taste as good as other margarines like Becell (I bought ICBINB light BTW) but maybe that’s b/c I've only ever really had margarine in my life not butter (other than at the occasional restaurant) so perhaps that’s why I didn't love the taste. It’s ok though considering I buy it less than once a year.
  • sunset19
    sunset19 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like the land o lakes spreadable butter with canola oil. Tastes pretty good and it's easy to spread so you don't have to have a "clump" of butter on your toast.
  • SKelley1218
    SKelley1218 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use land' o lakes light butter with canola oil on my toast...its only 50 calories for a tablespoon and I really cant taste the difference, but I have been using it for a long time so it may just be that I have developed a taste for it
  • Endless_Sky
    Options
    I can't believe it's not better...

I use earth balance for cooking, but nothing for butter substitute. Nothings really going to taste as good as real butter so you're better off putting jam on your toast, honey on the oatmeal, and pepper on your corn.
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I actually love it. It is all I buy unless a recipe calls for unsalted butter then I buy Challenge butter, but for spreading I have begun to buy fat free "I can't beleive it's not butter" because it is very very spreadable and for cooking I buy the sticks.
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I actually like the spray for when I just want a touch of butter taste on food (I use EVOO for cooking/baking).
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I also use I can't believe its not butter - light... I love it!
  • Demandante
    Options
    I use the spray too!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    To each his own. I love it. I use the light. For everything. Cooking, Baking, Toast, whatever!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I use real butter. I don't care, I will take the extra calories to have the real thing. I just use it sparingly and truly enjoy it when I do have it.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I use real butter. I don't care, I will take the extra calories to have the real thing. I just use it sparingly and truly enjoy it when I do have it.

I only use real butter also.

It is made from real dairy and is a natural food. The fat in it is not bad for us!!

I like Amish Roll butter and the Irish Gold butter I get at Trader Joe's.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

ditto. I don't like the fake butter products. They don't melt.
  • jnthnlee
    Options
    Yeah I use I cant believe its not butter.. i like it and i'm a HUGE butter fan.. I also just got the spray aswell so i can do 1 or 2 sprays just for the taste.. really helps me out A LOT!
    I cook with coconut oil or Safflower oil. If you use anything else once it's heated it turns to saturated fat.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Ditto
    Same for cheese.
  • chigirl_j
    chigirl_j Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use unsalted butter in small amounts and in recipes that call for butter. I prefer the taste of good ole fashion butter even it doesn't have salt=0)
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I like "I can't believe its not butter light"... i use it for everything and i can't tell the difference. it's funny how everyone is so different when it comes to things as simple as BUTTER :D
  • peales23
    Options

I shudder to think of all of the unnatural ingredients in there, so I definitely use butter! Sparingly, but the fats in that are much better than the crap in the processed spreads. Same goes for the sprays. Get yourself a special spray bottle, and use light oils in it. You can buy the spritzer bottle at kitchen stores.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I understand and can pronounce the ingredients in butter. The fake stuff either doesn't melt, or leaves you with a soggy mess. Or just plain tastes bad. Butter all the way! Sparingly.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I shudder to think of all of the unnatural ingredients in there, so I definitely use butter! Sparingly, but the fats in that are much better than the crap in the processed spreads. Same goes for the sprays. Get yourself a special spray bottle, and use light oils in it. You can buy the spritzer bottle at kitchen stores.

Yep, that is why I use real butter. I also almost only use Organic butter. (Once in awhile I'm in a hurry or forget.) I love the idea of getting a spray bottle for the light oils!

Also, wow, I've never been quoted so much ever! Hahaha!!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

Yep, that is why I use real butter. I also almost only use Organic butter. (Once in awhile I'm in a hurry or forget.) I love the idea of getting a spray bottle for the light oils!

Also, wow, I've never been quoted so much ever! Hahaha!!

Thats a great thing, that is a positive that I see some people moving towards the more natural stuff.