Cutting Out Sugar?

Options
So i have been having a big bowl of ice cream everynight its a habit like its 50g of ice cream= 300 cal. I have been stuck at around same weight for months. Can cutting down sugar like processed help??? Like i have it at night! Can i replace it with luna bar and fruit or is that practically like same thing lol?

My Stats:
Height 5'1.5"
Weight: 113
Goal: 106

What would be an idea like calorie amount for my stats to zig zag calories in order to break a plateau??

Thanks loves!

Replies

• SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Your not losing weight because your not in a calorie deficit. Nothing to do with sugar.
  • BelsFitnessJourney
    Options
    Ice cream and other processed sugary foods will not help you lose weight, especially at night when you're only going to bed. You need to make nutritious food choices and chose to feed yourself food with nutritional value to your health and wellbeing - your body will thank you for it in return. :)
  • erizek14
    erizek14 Posts: 30
    Options
    Your not losing weight because your not in a calorie deficit. Nothing to do with sugar.

i usually eat 700-1200 calories even with ice cream
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Do you measure all your food? Unless you are then you could be underestimating your intake.

As for the post above you, it is incorrect. What you eat and when you eat it matters not at all. Unless you have a medical condition a calorie deficit is what you need to lose weight.

Keep in mind that you have VERY little to lose so you should be setting your goal for 0.5lbs of loss per week.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You must have miscalculated something somewhere. Do you weigh everything you eat and log it? You should open up your diary if you want the best advice. Some medicines can effect weight loss like birth control and anti-depressants. If none of that rings true for you, consult a doctor.

I also would high recommend not eating below the 1200 without consulting a doctor if you haven't already. Especially considering your at a perfectly healthy weight for you height.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

You need to listen to the advice you have gotten in every single one of your threads. Starving yourself is not a good approach to weight loss. And losing 5 lbs will have almost no impact to your physical look. The issue you have is a lack of body composition. If you are eating 700-1200 calories with ice cream, you obviously aren't giving your body adequate nutrition. If you can't seem to eat more than 1200 calories, you should start to look into getting some medical help. With how thin you are, it's very unhealthy to eat like you are doing. Your body should be getting adequate protein and fats and you can't do that with 700 ish calories.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

You need to listen to the advice you have gotten in every single one of your threads. Starving yourself is not a good approach to weight loss. And losing 5 lbs will have almost no impact to your physical look. The issue you have is a lack of body composition. If you are eating 700-1200 calories with ice cream, you obviously aren't giving your body adequate nutrition. If you can't seem to eat more than 1200 calories, you should start to look into getting some medical help. With how thin you are, it's very unhealthy to eat like you are doing. Your body should be getting adequate protein and fats and you can't do that with 700 ish calories.

This
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

This

+2
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    After reading all your posts - PLEASE go get help...You are NOT over your ED, you are not in recovery...Stop your self destructing behaviour and get some help......
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    I actually just sat and read through OP's post history... OP, please heed the advice of those in this thread and many of your previous threads, and consider speaking with someone about your relationship with food and exercise. You are coming from a bad place. Please seek help.