Sugar Intake from fruit

Options
Is it ok if my sugar intake is too high if almost all of it comes from fruit? On my good days I hardly eat any processed foods or baked goods, and no candy. Just wondering for basic health purposes if anyone has any comments...

Also feel free to add me, I am new to having friends on here!
xx

Replies

• ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    To be honest, your body can't really tell what source your sugar is coming from. Glucose, fructose, sucrose, etc... in the end, it's all sugar. But even though sugar is sugar, I think it's more beneficial to get the sugar from a natural source like fruits because you also reap the benefits of fiber, vitamins/nutrients, etc. that are not always present in processed foods. Plus, no chemicals or additives, which is always a plus!!! If you are a little over on sugar intake, I wouldn't worry. If you are way over your sugar goal and you feel it's important to meet a certain goal, maybe cut back on the fruit a bit.
  • thebradzter
    Options
    Hey There

This is what I tell all my clients.

Fruit is good for you. It has lots of vitamins and dietary fibre. However sugar is still sugar! If your primary goal is weight loss it is best to only have minimal fruit and try get your nutrients through vegetables instead. Once you lose the weight start adding more fruit back in slowly over time!

If you want lower carb/sugar fruit (per 100g) the top fruits to eat are black/blue/straw berries, watermelon, peaches and papaya.