Type 1 Diabetes: A Blessing and a Curse

Options
It has helped me cherish my Health and taught me how to nourish my body. I am no better or worse than anyone else because of this disease. Always on my conscious: I have a broken pancreas, and there's nothing I can do about it...

But take precaution, prevention and make this a priority as something attached to me that comes naturally.
And it has, in some cases, others not.

Today was a great day, and now an even more eventful night.
Without having a kinked infusion set, or any errors with my insulin pump, my BG reading 2 hours ago was 490, and slowly coming down. Having this happen was bizarre because my BG's normally range from 70-160. And as I'm releasing this frustration my heart goes out to all of you Diabetics, Pumpers and even non-diabetics. It's not an easy thing; adjusting to change once you become complacent in your patterns and habits... in regards to anything in Life.

God is keeping me on my toes tonight, reassuring me that every day will not include perfection-- for it is non existent-- but with the reminder to always be prepared and informed. Being a T1D has changed my life in many ways than one, and I would rather live with such a complex leech than to not live at all.

I'm considering transitioning to Arm Infusion sites, as I have always used my Upper Thighs, Abdomen and Backside...
Maybe the tissue beneath/absorption has grown sour. On the flip-side, it will be a new experience for me and I will continue to look forward. Sitting here drinking some good ole' H20 and wishing you Sweet Dreams.

Tomorrow's a new day
thrive in it. :)

Camry

Replies

• msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My Heart Goes Out to you! Your a Very Beautiful Girl.
  • kimberlymarie85
    kimberlymarie85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband had his best luck with his arm injections. Your attitude is wonderful!
  • MissCamry
    MissCamry Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    My friend is type 1 and had the most success with arm injections!

I love your attitude. Having a positive attitude will get you very far in life.

I have insulin resistance and reactive hypoglycemia so I know the struggles of dealing with not-so-normal blood glucose levels.

I hope your BG returns to normal soon and you are feeling okay!