weightlifting

Options
What does your weight lifting routine look like? What does your arm day look like? What about chest, back, legs?

Replies

• llamajenn
    llamajenn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do a Body Pump classes 3x/week. Ok, to tell the truth I actually I teach the class. It's an hour-long class with high repetition and relatively low weights. I had never been consistent with strength training before I started taking the class several years ago. So I never really have a day to focus on arms, then 1 for legs, etc. Several of my running buddies do, but I'm not completely sure of what those workouts look like.
  • lovelyr06
    Options
    Biceps- standing or sitting curls preacher curl, super sevens with the curl bar, and hammer curls.
    Triceps- push downs with cables, a drop set behind the head with a dumbbell, skull crushers, or the smith machine to do lying tricep extentions
    Back- dead lifting, bent over rows, t bar row, pullovers
    Chest- bumbell press superset into cable flys, flat or incline bench dumbbell flys superset into dumbbell press, dips
    Shoulders-clean and jerk, lateral raises, shoulder press, up right rows
    Legs- Squats, hax squat, leg press, lunges

That's the gist of it although Sometimes I'll do chest and shoulders together it chest and triceps and also sometimes back and biceps together or just have a straight arm day
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Are you writing a book? Or did you need advice/ideas for your routine? If you tell us what you're looking for at can help instead of just throwing random stuff up against the wall
  • lakebett22
    lakebett22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just looking for some advise. Currently my work out is disorganized. Upper body - Bench press, Incline press, E-Z curls, lat pull down, skull crush, standing fly, standing shoulder raise. Lower body - Leg press, squat, calf raise, leg curl.

@lovely Thanks for some great ideas. That's a solid plan!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Find an established routine instead of piecing bits and pieces together. There's quite a few decent full body routines to choose from. You'll improve much faster if you have a solid plan
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am doing a routine I found on bodybuilding.com called "built by science" It walks you through the muscle groups and gives an overview. It also gives videos of each movement.
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Start here: http://my.bodybuilding.com/workouts/search-workout-programs

Find a program based on your goals