50 pound plateau, help!

Options
Hey everyone. I'm in a bit of a predicament.
I've recently lost 51 pounds, but now I've been stuck at this weight for about a month. I work a very active job - walking 3-4 miles in a 4 hour shift, pulling heavy carts and lifting things. Using another app, I've been logging my work days as exercise as I don't work every day. I use the exercise "house cleaning" on this other app to estimate what I burn at work. Because of all this exercise, I've only been netting around 1000 calories or less and I think this is the problem. What do you guys think? Would eating more help me out of this plateau? I'm 6' and currently 251 pounds.

Replies

• scorpio3322
    scorpio3322 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been on a huge plateau and I was told to eat TDEE - 20%..which I am doing...I upped my calorie intake and upped exercise started only this week I will see in about 3 weeks if its working....good luck to you.

:drinker:
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm in a bit of a predicament.
    I've recently lost 51 pounds, but now I've been stuck at this weight for about a month. I work a very active job - walking 3-4 miles in a 4 hour shift, pulling heavy carts and lifting things. Using another app, I've been logging my work days as exercise as I don't work every day. I use the exercise "house cleaning" on this other app to estimate what I burn at work. Because of all this exercise, I've only been netting around 1000 calories or less and I think this is the problem. What do you guys think? Would eating more help me out of this plateau? I'm 6' and currently 251 pounds.

you are more active than when you first started out. You actually have to eat more now to lose again. I upped my calories and started losing again. I was at a plateau the whole month of January after I was at 50lbs lost. Try it for a week or two and see how it goes.