concerned weight loss

Options
I just started yesterday and been drinking my water and eating about 1600 calories. I am concerned because i went to my scale today and i have lost 7 lbs.. granted i been using the restroom insanely allot Plus yesterday work out i felt like i would not live but made it.

Is there a reason i dropped so much weight in 1 day?

Replies

• greeniris101
    Options
    Hi There!

Nothing to freak out over! It can be a number of things. First possibly a shock to the system. If you had been eating excess of calories for a long period and then just change like that, your body might be confused. But in my opinion, if you have been drinking a lot of water, your body is flushing itself of toxins, and since your body is hydrated enough it doesn't retain water. How about that! Think of it as a head start! Good luck with your journey!
  • bbh112
    bbh112 Posts: 4
    Options
    If you're down to 1600 kcal/day, you're probably limiting your salt intake, and salt can make you retain a lot of water. As your sodium level drops, you eliminate water, which weights 8 pounds/gallon.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    1600 seems a bit low for a male your age.
  • jeremyjones5011
    Options
    yes i think my cal count is low as well. the calculator on here says i am to eat 2200 cal a day. my menu for each day i have been eating is open to public. I don't feel hungry so far with what i been eating.

Anyone have advice on where i need to improve on?
  • fushigi1988
    Options
    I would add some more fruits and veggies, and protein like greek yogurt.
    That should help bump up your calories a bit.
  • fushigi1988
    Options
    Do you eat at Subway everyday?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    yes i think my cal count is low as well. the calculator on here says i am to eat 2200 cal a day. my menu for each day i have been eating is open to public. I don't feel hungry so far with what i been eating.

Anyone have advice on where i need to improve on?

wow you eat less than me....:noway:

get rid of the sugar free...2%milk...eat a foot long tuna sub...eat 8oz of steak not 6

and start weighing your food to make sure you are eating how much you think you are.

Get more Protien too...