LOW CAL Snack help!

Options
Hi everybody,

I am in need of a low cal/carb snack that will actually satisfy the hunger. I have been eating 1 tbsp of peanut butter as a "hold me over", but that has got to stop. Sadly. I'm still under my calorie goal eating 7 tbsp worth of peanut butter today due to the fact that I couldn't find anything else lol, but I really need some ideas.

thanks for the help

Replies

• aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Protein is the most satiating of three macros (the other two being carbs and fats) -- with regards to birth short term and long term hunger. So aim for lean protein sources whether it be chicken breasts, lean ground turkey or even whey protein powder.
  • MustangSally2008
    MustangSally2008 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wrap a chesse stick in lunch meat and your good for go!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn. I spray it with water or white vinegar (vinegar for the taste, I love vinegar!), I add nutritional yeast and currently lecithin (lecithin will be added till I run out of it). I don't know why but lecithin is super delicious, I'm not sure how good it is for me.

And also kernal seasonings for taste as well. So yummy. So low cal - all of it.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Based on your diary and your age, you need MORE calories, not more low calorie food. So, personally, I would be adding a slice of bread to that peanut butter. Starving is not the way to lose weight, you will just end up with no muscles and no energy.
    Add some healthy snacks throughout the day, focusing on nutrients, not calories: bananas, yoghurt (stop with the no fat, you need the fat to absorb the calcium, especially at your age), simple wraps, sandwiches etc with cheese and vegetables, a glass of milk.