Started a week and 1/2 ago...

Options
Hi All!

What a wonderful resource for encouragement! I am 5ft tall and weigh 220 lbs. About 3 weeks ago I weighed 230. My goal is to use this as a resource to see how I can improve my nutrition / caloric intake and calories burned. My father had a heart attack at the age of 32 and I will be 32 in just 6 months, so it's time for me to get my stuff together. Right now I am working out 5 days a week. My goal per day is to walk at least 10,000 steps per day and to raise my heart rate to 160 at some point during my excercise on the treadmill. I would like to swim twice a week and the rest do strength training. This is a change of life for me, not a diet.

Replies

• jamiek1977
    Options
    Hi All!

What a wonderful resource for encouragement! I am 5ft tall and weigh 220 lbs. About 3 weeks ago I weighed 230. My goal is to use this as a resource to see how I can improve my nutrition / caloric intake and calories burned. My father had a heart attack at the age of 32 and I will be 32 in just 6 months, so it's time for me to get my stuff together. Right now I am working out 5 days a week. My goal per day is to walk at least 10,000 steps per day and to raise my heart rate to 160 at some point during my excercise on the treadmill. I would like to swim twice a week and the rest do strength training. This is a change of life for me, not a diet.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! You're soooooo right, it IS a lifestyle change, and NOT a diet!
    Sounds like you're doing great so far, keep up the good work!!! :smile:
  • tacoman
    tacoman Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome

I agree with the life change part - diets do not work for me. Start slow and build a solid foundation. Good Luck.

65461.png
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    It sounds like you have a plan. You can do it. We are all here for you. I have been heavy all my life and I was told that I am at very high risk for a stroke, and after my 39 year old sister had one a few weeks ago it scared me. I am 36. I started with my lifestyle change last year and I have gone from a size 24 to a 16 and i was 263 and now I am 210 (as of this morning) I am very happy. I keep track of everything that goes in my mouth and I exercise every day. I found something fun to do and that is jump rope and if I can't get in alot at least I know I have doen something.

Good luck!

P.S. I just joined this site a few days ago.
    Monica
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you!

You already have a huge hurdle covered. You realize this is a lifestyle change and not some temporary fix. That will definitely help you reach your goals!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami