Just a real quick yes or no please??

Options
Hi :)

I know the subject of not loosing weight bores a lot of people to death, I also skip those posts and questions and don't even read them.

I just want to know one thing... my BMR is 1600 , but now I am eating more than I was when I was turning into a fat person.

Do you think that I should stick with the BMR thing?:ohwell: Although I am eating more than I have for a long time and staying within the same KG but can't drop out of it ?

Replies

• janisbernadette
    Options
    yes stick to it as you'll probably be making healthier and more filling choices:love:
  • Hannahp1402
    Hannahp1402 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    But no weight change at all ?
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This depends on a lot of things like your goals and activity level. If you generally move more, you should eat more. If your goal is weight loss, stay in a consistent but not dramatic calorie deficit. And vice versa if you want weight gain. How fast you gain our lose depends on how much of a calorie deficit or surplus you are in. Weigh yourself every morning post pee and post poop (if you manage lol). Take weekly averages and adjust calories accordingly
  • smickey827
    smickey827 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, stick to it for another week or two, see if there is any weight loss, if not reevaluate the number! X
  • Hannahp1402
    Options
    Thanks for responses just want to add I have been stuck at the same weight for a month now but varies by 0.2kg each day. I just thought being stuck for a month meant that something is going wrong and I need to change what I am doing.

Just feel like I am eating too much at the moment and the scales are sort of agreeing with me, I do measure myself and although that changed at the beginning that is also not changing aswell.

I do still receive compliments from people about weight loss but I think I have over-complimentary friends lol

Thanks
  • Hannahp1402
    Options
    This depends on a lot of things like your goals and activity level. If you generally move more, you should eat more. If your goal is weight loss, stay in a consistent but not dramatic calorie deficit. And vice versa if you want weight gain. How fast you gain our lose depends on how much of a calorie deficit or surplus you are in. Weigh yourself every morning post pee and post poop (if you manage lol). Take weekly averages and adjust calories accordingly

I haven't changed one bit for a month !! :( Is a month not a long time weight loss wise?? Am I too impatient? Lol feel free to tell me I am being too dramatic about the whole thing ? lol Just to me one month should see some change even if its was just a pound or even to just drop 0.2kg and get out of this KG and get to my lowest weight ever??? I am eating to stay at the same weight which makes me feel I am eating too much????
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What does loosing weight mean?
  • Hannahp1402
    Options
    Sorry smarty pants I meant LOSING
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no weight your food you are probably eating more than you think.
  • eldamiano
    Options

Ah, that makes much more sense now.

Sorry, dont know how to advise though.
  • Hannahp1402
    Options
    :smile: :smile:

Only joking when I called ya smarty pants... :smile:
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you're losing weight....No, if you're not losing weight.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    my BMR is 1600 , but now I am eating more than I was when I was turning into a fat person.

Do you think that I should stick with the BMR thing?
    With 50 lb. to lose, set your MFP goal to 1.5 lb. per week, and eat what MFP tells you to. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • eldamiano
    Options

You are actually quite accurate though in calling me smart.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

I know the subject of not loosing weight bores a lot of people to death, I also skip those posts and questions and don't even read them.

It might be a good idea to stop skipping over those types of threads. (read the link listed in this thread and all of the links in it)
  • Mr_Steve_V
    Options
    no weight your food you are probably eating more than you think.

+1
  • Hannahp1402
    Options

You are actually quite accurate though in calling me smart.

OK, So why haven't you given me the magic answer yet smarty pants!!!!!!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That is definitely not a yes or no question.

Who-what-when-where-why-how

OK... What are your settings? Usually if you tell MFP you are sedentary and want to lose 2lb a week it gives you 1200 calories a day.
    The plan is for you to eat the 1200 plus your exercise calories and you end up with a deficit..... and lose weight.

If MFP gave you 1600 you must have told it you were more active (or only wanted to lose 1lb a week) The activity level is for what you do at WORK so you don't have to add it every day.
    It isn't asking if you go to the gym every day. I see a lot of people that end up with a high number because they told MFP they were "very active" They spend an hour at the gym and play basketball or something every day-- and eat back their calories- and can't figure out why they aren't losing weight. They are actually eating too much so the system will not work.

I only ask because I was 190lb when I started- MFP put me at 1200 plus exercise.
    Now I weigh 115-120 and MAINTAIN at 1700 so your origional goal of 1600 seems a little high.

I saw your goal changed to 1300 and change today. Since you have been eating back your exercise calories I think it'll work out for you.

Good luck with your journey. Feel free to send a message if you have any questions or need to vent. I have 6 kids so I know how hard it is to lose weight when you have to cook for them too.