scales haven't moved much...

Options
I haven't had the scales move much between December and now. I'm surprised at how much difference there is in my clothes - these were a snug fit when they were first bought. there's obvious change but I'm feeling pretty bummed.

2014-03-05094853.jpg?t=1394013266
2014-03-05095036.jpg?t=1394013266
2014-03-05095018.jpg?t=1394013266

Replies

• crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same, I lose approximately a pound a month, if that, but I have dropped nearly 2 dress sizes and I find that much more satisfying! Weight can fluctuate, but knowing those trousers are hanging off you is a fabulous feeling!

I don't weight religiously but I do try clothes on to see how snug ones are getting looser! x

keep going you are doing fab!
  • kellymcgregor19741
    kellymcgregor19741 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you made changes to the amount of exercise you do? You could be gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat but it is good as it helps you burn more calories.
  • andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    Options
    Looks like you're getting more muscle tone. Good for you!
  • punkin1119
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work. If your clothes are getting looser, you ARE loosing pounds and inches. I am proud of you and rooting for ya. :flowerforyou: My scales didn't move much either, then one day I got on the scale and I had lost 5#'s! YAY! :smile: Keep up the good work, it will pay off!:smile:
  • Trying2Recover
    Options
    Have you made changes to the amount of exercise you do? You could be gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat but it is good as it helps you burn more calories.

for the most part, I am really inactive. I walk at least an hour 4-5 times a week.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Scales wont move on their own. You have to pick them up and move them somewhere else yourself....
  • Legalpadgurl
    Options
    Muscle does not weight more than fat. A pound weighs a pound whether its a pound of muscle, a pound of fat or a pound of chocolate. Muscle take up less room than fat. I would re-evaluate your diet and see if a calorie deficit is occuring. I was in a stall for nearly 3 months and couldn't figure out what was going on. It was what I was eating and how much of it I was eating. I switched and now have been moving steadily downwards.
  • Trying2Recover
    Options
    I'm not too bothered that the scales haven't moved much, I'm pretty impressed with how loose clothes are though.
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Scales wont move on their own. You have to pick them up and move them somewhere else yourself....

Ha! smart@$$. :laugh:
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Would you consider just not looking at the scale then? You look better, you're slimmer, clothes are getting looser every day… Who cares what the scale says??
  • Lld320
    Lld320 Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm not too bothered that the scales haven't moved much, I'm pretty impressed with how loose clothes are though.

That's the perfect attitude to have. If you are losing inches who cares what the scale says? There are too many variables involved with weight. Inches are much more straight forward.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!