Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Awesome.What is Iiyfm?

IIFYM = if it fits your macros (eat it)
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    UNLEASH THE BEAST.

Seriously though, awesome work. Keep it up brotha.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Wow. Killed it. That's a hell of a change in that timespan. Hit your calorie goals, work out intelligently and intensely,...that's all it takes.
  • JonKragh
    JonKragh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Did you use the TDEE method for calculating your daily calorie intake, and if so, what did you set your activity level to, assuming you did no cardio, and just the weights routine ? I currently do something very similar to yourself for my weights routine, only I do both upper and lower together and do a fair amount of cardio.

Great question!

Using the IIFYM calculator I set the exercise level to 3 days even though I workout 6.

My routine is only weights but I don't rest and I tried to add exercises like burpees in there to get my HR up.

TDEE seems more art than science and this 3 day setting seems to work for me.
  • JonKragh
    Options
    Thank you all again for the positive replies! Each one of them is truly appreciated!

I hope my little journey shows that you can make big shifts in the long run with small focused effort once a day.

It adds up. Get yours!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow...amazing! Congrats.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Congrats!!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Dang well done!
    Looking mighty fine!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Such nice white teeth and smile. Sorry that's the first thing I noticed.

You look great. Congrats on your success.
  • JonKragh
    Options
    Such nice white teeth and smile. Sorry that's the first thing I noticed.

You look great. Congrats on your success.

Haha...thanks!

Crest 3d white strips if anyone was wondering.
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great job, congrats!
  • gold_4
    gold_4 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow, well done - those photos speak for themselves! My husband is a cyclist and has amazing muscles in lower body but looks just like your 'before' photo in upper body! Do you think he could just adopt your upper body routine and IIFYM? (understand you aren't offering professional advice here, just wondering what you think though?
  • lulu150
    lulu150 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!!!
  • editress
    editress Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are inspiring!
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!!
  • JonKragh
    Options
    Wow, well done - those photos speak for themselves! My husband is a cyclist and has amazing muscles in lower body but looks just like your 'before' photo in upper body! Do you think he could just adopt your upper body routine and IIFYM? (understand you aren't offering professional advice here, just wondering what you think though?

If I was cycling I'd probably take my upper body routine and do it 2 to 3 days a week depending on how determined I was to improve my upper body.

I'd also take the above ab exercises from my lower body day and work those into the upper body routine spacing them out.

If that made upper body day too long I'd cut out one or two exercises.

What I did with abs on lower body day was to put them every other exercise in order to get rest to do my next weighted leg exercise.

That was an overall philosophy. Make it so I didn't have rest but that each exercise was different enough that I could get all my reps.

This allows me to not take a break which keeps my heart rate up and reduces total time of the workout.
  • gold_4
    gold_4 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks! Now just have to see if I can persuade the OH to adopt similar :0
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!