What is kettleworx and is it any good?

Options
I heard someone talking about kettlebells and kettleworx but what is it and does it give good results?

Replies

• shawkir
    shawkir Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love kettlebells. We use them at bootcamp. I've seen the kettleworx infomercial, but not sure you need all that (unless someone else out there has tried it?!). I would just look for some instruction online (maybe youtube?) and buy the one piece of equipment at a sporting goods store - this is just my opinion, of course!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    check out the search feature as I saw a couple great threads where it's been discussed lately. I've heard ONLY positive things on it. I plan on getting the DVDs etc. myself, looking forward to it.

Also check out Facebook (though I'm not a member I was able to read all the love ppl shared on the program/workouts via a link a friend on here shared) as there's some great discussions going on this topic.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I love kettlebells. We use them at bootcamp. I've seen the kettleworx infomercial, but not sure you need all that (unless someone else out there has tried it?!). I would just look for some instruction online (maybe youtube?) and buy the one piece of equipment at a sporting goods store - this is just my opinion, of course!
    That's what my plan to get off them offa the site (infomercial) as I've heard good about having all the workouts.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Kettle worx is a brand name for a kettle bell work out routine. This brand is sold on TV and the internet - a bit expensive.
    You would be better off going to Target or Walmart - look in the exercise isle several different brands- Danskin has Gin Miller's DVD with a bell 5 and 10 pound weight for about $15. Target has Kettlebell Konnection with Jessica Huthmaker under $20.

Lots of squat moves that also works the abs, arms, back, ect. 25 min routine done 3 days per week- Depending on the workout and the size of the weight you can burn 20 cals per minute, increase the weight after 3-4 weeks. Pay VERY close attention to form, otherwise you WILL screw up your back. Good for building muscle... with a good diet (more protein than usual) you could gain about 1/4 to 1/2 pound of muscle per week (you want musle to burn more fat).

I noticed a change in my butt, legs, abs, and arms after about 2 weeks.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Kettle worx is a brand name for a kettle bell work out routine. This brand is sold on TV and the internet - a bit expensive.
    You would be better off going to Target or Walmart - look in the exercise isle several different brands- Danskin has Gin Miller's DVD with a bell 5 and 10 pound weight for about $15. Target has Kettlebell Konnection with Jessica Huthmaker under $20.

Lots of squat moves that also works the abs, arms, back, ect. 25 min routine done 3 days per week- Depending on the workout and the size of the weight you can burn 20 cals per minute, increase the weight after 3-4 weeks. Pay VERY close attention to form, otherwise you WILL screw up your back. Good for building muscle... with a good diet (more protein than usual) you could gain about 1/4 to 1/2 pound of muscle per week (you want musle to burn more fat).

I noticed a change in my butt, legs, abs, and arms after about 2 weeks.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
    Thanks!
  • ccsongbyrd
    ccsongbyrd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is some great info and great tips. Thanks everyone for it. I really appreciate it. It is so hard to get started on a routine that works but most importantly that you like. sigh
  • jessicaryan3445
    Options
    Under no circumstances should anyone get the Kettleworx program. i bought the full KettleWorx program for my husband and I ended up using it. It is a fairly expensive program that happens to be one of the best investment in fitness equipment and training that I have made so far. I don't have a lot of room in my home. I also have some injuries that prevents me from working too hard. By golly, this program actually works. My husband decided it was too mushy for him to use. Heh, that is his loss. I recently dropped my $20 per month gym membership and bought the entire training online a few weeks ago. I am extremely out of shape, but boy do I feel changes in my body. I reiterate the above, if you are looking for a program that doesn't work, please do not get the Kettleworx. You'll sorely be disappointed because its working. I just completed my 3rd week training of the 6 Week Kettleworx Training. I have been taking a day of rest after each complete 20 minutes workout. On two of the weeks, I let my rest day go to two days instead of one because I was too tire. My muscles are aching. and I feel I lost some pounds. I haven't really been following a diet plan at all so far. I do take Wheat Grass Powder each day with water. I can't wait to do a second try on the six week training after the first six week, then its on to the Ultimate Kettle Worx and Advanced Training. I also have the P90X series and found it to strenuous for a person like me. I am a big fan of tony Horton. I also have Shawn Tee Beach Body, which I found wasn't good for my floors since it required too much pounding on the floors of my neighbors.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I just saw a Kettleworx kit with 5 or 6 dvds and the kettlebell at Sports Authority for about $50. I am thinking of picking that up. To me $50 doesn't seem like too much for that many dvds. The dvds were different workouts for different goals. Of the top of my head there was one for cardio, abs, quick 20 minute, etc. I think I am going to pick it up in the next few weeks.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I have tried it b/c a friend got it and let me borrow. I did the begginer level and it is intense! I also like Jillian Michaels kettle bell workout. It is at wal mart and very reasonalbly priced. If you have netflix, they have a great selection of workout DVD's including kettlebell ones. This can be a good option if like me, you tend to get bored with the same workouts all the time.
  • aprilbbv
    aprilbbv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Kettleworx... I bought a kettlebell a while back and was doing the dvd that came with it, and decided I LOVED kettlebells!! So , lol, one night I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 4am to the Kettleworx infomercial and WANTED it! So I went on amazon and found just the dvd set for like $85 , since I already had the kettlebell. I am on day 2, and I can feel it working, my legs are SORE! FROM A 20 MIN WORKOUT!! That's awesome! I am totally sold on this system already!
  • deannahackworth
    Options
    I got it using a groupon a few months ago, but of course never used it. The groupon came with a 10lb. kettlebell. I finally decided I wanted to use it, but wanted to start with the 5lb kettlebell since I am just starting to use weights. I found the entire "starter" kettleworx program at Target for the same price as a 5lb kettlebell, so, I picked it up again (figured I could always ebay the extra DVDs).

Used it for the first time yesterday. I could only get through the first set, and today I am S-O-R-E. Any time I am this sore, I know I am doing something right -- but, think I might have to do the 6 week program in 12 weeks....