Need advise

Options
I am curious why I am not losing weight faster. I am eating healthy for 1 1/2 months watching calories and excersizing everyday. Only have lost 7 lbs. Coming off way slow. Would like to see faster results. My jeans are baggy so I know I am losing inches. Should I just stick with what I am doing or add more calories.

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are averaging about 1 lb per week. This is a good, healthy number. Stick with what you are doing. We all want the weight to come off quickly, but what matters more is developing habits that will KEEP it off in the long run.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    A little more then a pound a week and while not a straight line weight loss is fairly consistent. In 6 months you will hit your goal if you continue to drop a pound plus a week. Good luck and continued success.
  • Bosbes
    Bosbes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    7 pounds in 1 1/2 months is fine! That's a bit over one pound a week. Just keep going. I have no idea how much calories you're eating and how much you exercise... so I can't say much more about it. (maybe open your diary?)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You only have a relatively small amount to lose. 1 pound a week is a good loss. Keep at what your doing and have some Patience
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. Soon, you'll probably slow to .5 lb. per week. Your goal should be set no higher than 1 lb. per week. Be patient.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    0-2 pounds a week is a healthy rate of weight loss. Looks like that's what you're averaging.

It would be nice if it would come off faster, but that's not the way it goes. Be patient.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Be patient. You are less likely to end up with loose skin at the rate you are loosing.
  • slmahrt
    slmahrt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks all just needed to hear that. My husband tells me that also :)