What are you giving up for lent?

Options
I've decided that I'm going to give up binging :) It's be 15 days already binge free and I'm going to use lent as another good motivation tool

Replies

• uhhhDoodle
    uhhhDoodle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I'm going to give up eating out. If I have time to drive to a fast food place, I have time to make a healthy meal.
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    Nothing: http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/giving-it

ETA: In the past, I've given up coffee and donated the money I would have spent to a charity. I would give up sarcasm, but I have to talk. This lady's article really sums up how I feel about the notion of "giving up" something.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving up this year, I'm giving back. Random acts of kindness. I did this last year. Whenever I am in a drive thru, I pay for the car behind me. I've even left an extra $20 at the cash register to help pay for the groceries behind me. I always make a point to be out of site before they realize who did it for them (why I like the drive thru the best). Yes, it makes me feel good, but more, it reminds me to be grateful that I have the resources to help someone else. Hopefully, if they don't really need the help, they will pay it forward sometimes.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Catholicism.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

ETA: In the past, I've given up coffee and donated the money I would have spent to a charity. I would give up sarcasm, but I have to talk. This lady's article really sums up how I feel about the notion of "giving up" something.

Thanks, that was a nice posting.
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    How does lent work
  • itsnojokeanymore
    Options
    facebook so im on here only- add me if u like people
  • trewyn6509
    trewyn6509 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My old life.
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Giving up Swearing and Giving Back by Donating more time to our Church Functions.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving up this year, I'm giving back. Random acts of kindness. I did this last year. Whenever I am in a drive thru, I pay for the car behind me. I've even left an extra $20 at the cash register to help pay for the groceries behind me. I always make a point to be out of site before they realize who did it for them (why I like the drive thru the best). Yes, it makes me feel good, but more, it reminds me to be grateful that I have the resources to help someone else. Hopefully, if they don't really need the help, they will pay it forward sometimes.

This is such a great idea. I love it.
  • daisyjaninex
    Options
    Gin XD
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options

I see you're from Kentucky, so you must be okay. I will be giving up wine for lent, but like you, will continue in sarcasm so I can speak as well.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    Options

I like this. Let me know when you're in a drive through at Chick-fil-A so I can get behind you. In all seriousness, great post and idea.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    Options
    Giving up Swearing and Giving Back by Donating more time to our Church Functions.

I'll be rooting for you.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream
  • Gameofthrone
    Gameofthrone Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Any beverages besides water, milk & pineapple juice (I can't give up my morning pick me up lol)
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Cigarettes.

I might give up booze and rollerblading too (ten points to anyone who gets the reference).
  • karenmcwilly53
    karenmcwilly53 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was born Catholic, but I've since moved away from it because I find it to be very hypocritcal.
  • supergroovychick
    Options
    Cigarettes.

I might give up booze and rollerblading too (ten points to anyone who gets the reference).

Father Ted!!!
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You win! :bigsmile: