How do I calculate calories with heart monitor?HELP :)

Options
So I've downloaded Heart Rate Monitor for Android which I've heard from many ppl is pretty accurate, and it is, I've measured with it..and my aunt has measured me after (she's a nurse) and it's very accurate. So I can use it to calculate calories I assume.

But how do I do that? Maybe I'm dumb:laugh: but do I multiply something with something..do I measure just after my workout or? I've read people use heart monitors to measure calories...HOW?:embarassed:

It's really important to me cause I workout every day but I'm not sure how many I burn, I asume alot cause I'm overweight and over 180 but.....need to figure that out to be more accurate with my foods:tongue:

Replies

• Tiny_Zg
    Tiny_Zg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anyoneee?
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    an android app can not tell your heart rate

get a real heart rate monitor like the polar ones to see how much you burn
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

input your age, weight, time you spent exercising and your average heart rate. This will tell you how many you burned
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Its probably either a heart rate app or an app that might sync with a heart rate monitor. Buying a good HRM was one of the best and smartest things I've purchased. You can get a good brand like Polar for around 50 bucks on Amazon!
  • Tiny_Zg
    Options
    Thank you!
    So....in that calculator I put heart rate after exercise right?

Sorry for stupid question :D
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    An app cannot measure your calorie burn. For that you need a real heart rate monitor that you wear while exercising. The read out will keep track of your heart rate for the duration of your exercise and then calculate your calorie burn based on your weight.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Best bet = heart rate monitor with chest strap.
  • Tiny_Zg
    Options
    An app cannot measure your calorie burn. For that you need a real heart rate monitor that you wear while exercising. The read out will keep track of your heart rate for the duration of your exercise and then calculate your calorie burn based on your weight.

I know but I needed something until I buy the real monitor. :smile:
    Plus....I used a friend's monitor after workout and as well this app...and the result was the same (+/- 1 beat) so, this will also serve for now. :wink: