Hi - I could use some friends!

Options
Hi, I am just getting started on this site and could use some friends & support buddies. I will be logging on every day. I do not care who wants to help encourage me along the way or who wants some encouragement from me but if you want to know more specifics about me:
I have over 100 pounds to shed
I am 24
I have a shoulder injury, and am very out of shape
I just gave up soda and it's a hard adjustment :laugh:

Hope to get some new buddies soon! Thanks!

Replies

• DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! =]
  • dawnsmithjacobs
    dawnsmithjacobs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations on giving up the soda: that's HUGE. I had gastric bypass to lose 100 pounds 7 years ago. Gained back about 40 just because I got lazy about how/what I was eating. So now I'm eating low carb with a support group through my church. Have lost 12 lbs in 3 months. How are you doing now?
  • hoovified
    hoovified Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations on giving up the soda: that's HUGE. I had gastric bypass to lose 100 pounds 7 years ago. Gained back about 40 just because I got lazy about how/what I was eating. So now I'm eating low carb with a support group through my church. Have lost 12 lbs in 3 months. How are you doing now?

I am doing well, for the most part. Excited to start this journey (again) and for finding such a supportive place. Thanks for the congrats! It is hardest for me when I go to restaurants, I automatically tell them to being me a soda. Whoops. That's great that your church is supporting you. Congrats on your loss so far! Keep up the good work! :-)
  • jenanon1
    jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have over 100lbs to get to a place where I would be comfortable (which is still about 40lbs more than the powers that be want me to be).
  • nomoreyoyo67
    Options
    Feel free to add me:)
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just sent a request! Best of luck!
  • luvclay10
    luvclay10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Giving up soda is the best thing you could do for your health, not just your weight! you are young and can achieve this weigh loss! Lots of luck, and there are many who will help you on this journey to health!
  • sunnykay2014
    sunnykay2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda and instead drink water and green tea now. Add me.
  • ShayShayFletch
    ShayShayFletch Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome! what an accomplishment to even sign up to this site. You can do it! this site is full of inspiration and motivation!
    Feel free to add me too if you like.
    Good luck on your journey!

:smile: :happy: :smile:
  • TessMacc
    TessMacc Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi - I'm just getting started too. Add me!
  • samikingsley
    Options
    Hey! Welcome and you'll do great! Pop is a major thing :D

Add me if you want :)
  • 86sarahb
    86sarahb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good luck :-)
  • grandlove63
    grandlove63 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am just getting started(again) and can use some friends. After speaking to a nutritionist, I decided to try and change my eating habits. During my last physical, I was told to begin taking medication, due to my weight and other things. I was shocked when I got on the scale. I don't like the idea of taking medicine for things I have control over. Now that I have registered on this web site, I am hoping to get some friends that will help me thru out this journey, so count me in. :sad: :
  • VJ97
    VJ97 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with your journey :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me
  • cjazz72
    cjazz72 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!!! You got this!!
  • Kayburge
    Kayburge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me too- I am gaining weight while trying to lose it. We can figure it out together!
  • scody311
    scody311 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add me!!!
    Congratulations! I know it's a tough place to be, but you should know how great you are :) Anybody strong enough to make that first step is a FORCE to be reckoned with :)
  • moxy28
    moxy28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can add me! Im 28 looking to lose almost 100lbs. I'm 3 days no pop! I know the struggle! LOL! ;)
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome and you'll do great! Pop is a major thing :D

Add me if you want :)

I love that you call it pop! Haha

Anyway, to the original poster, welcome! This is a really great place to help you stay on track! Good luck!
    Anyone please feel free to add me!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Feel free to add me if your looking for support or someone to chat with!!