Looking for a new workout after completing the 30 Day Shred!

Options
Hey Everyone!!

I'm just about to complete the 30 Day Shred (Day 27/30!) and was hoping to get some suggestions of some workouts I could start doing after I'm finished -- Gotta keep this workout train going!!!!

I'm open for any and all suggestions! :drinker:

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    If you really want to bump it up, I'd recommend Insanity. It will require a little bit more of a time investment, but it will take some of the things you learned in the Shred and really transform your body.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Jillian has some other DVD's. I bought the 30DS and also:

Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    6 Week Six-Pack Abs
    No more trouble zones

I'm not far into the get in shape thing so I'm sure there are people with more suggestions.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Jillian has some other DVD's. I bought the 30DS and also:

Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism
    6 Week Six-Pack Abs
    No more trouble zones

I'm not far into the get in shape thing so I'm sure there are people with more suggestions.

i have the "No More Trouble Zones"... i am only two days in but it is a GREAT work out. i absolutely ♥ it so far!!!
  • jmmtaylor
    Options
    Jillian has another one that's called Banish Fat Boost Metabolism that's 40 minutes long. Pretty much the same circuit style workout as 30 day shred.
  • HRgoldenlife
    HRgoldenlife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I currently use turbo jam (and ab jam), leslie sansone, and billy blanks jr with walking, etc.

Monday I am starting Power90!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a great precursor to P90X. In the meantime, you could do levels 2 and 3 together for a 40 minutes workout.
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    OKay going today to pick up my Julian Michaels collection, and was wondering if I need any heand weights with the 30 shred and others? Please let me know, so I can get them while I am out picking up my videos!

Thanks,
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    AFter I finished the Shred I jumped onto the Turbo Jam wagon. I really like it, but I am also going to get some more Jillian Micheals DVDs. :-)
  • MizzFitness
    MizzFitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    rather then bump my workouts up after Turbo Fire & Insanity, I am taking a period to utilize a different type of exercise and have ordered Yoga Booty Ballet: Ab & Booty makeover. Who doesn't want those made over??? LOL ;)
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    OKay going today to pick up my Julian Michaels collection, and was wondering if I need any heand weights with the 30 shred and others? Please let me know, so I can get them while I am out picking up my videos!

Thanks,

For the 30 Day Shred you need some light weights. I recommend 2.5, 3, or 5lb weights. I did it with 2.5. Hope that helps!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

I'm just about to complete the 30 Day Shred (Day 27/30!) and was hoping to get some suggestions of some workouts I could start doing after I'm finished -- Gotta keep this workout train going!!!!

that's awesome! way to go.

how many lbs/inches have u lost after completing it?

i'm asking cuz i always start it and never make it past level 1 or 2. so hearing ur results would be really inspirational! :smile:
  • tracybarnhill
    Options

Thanks,

For the 30 Day Shred you need some light weights. I recommend 2.5, 3, or 5lb weights. I did it with 2.5. Hope that helps!

Thanks that helps alot!
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

PERFECT post! I was thinking of posting this same thing in a couple of days! I'm also almost finished with the 30 Day Shred (Day 9 of Level 3 - think I might do 15 days of Level 3 though)!

Thanks for posting :smile:
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I currently use turbo jam (and ab jam), leslie sansone, and billy blanks jr with walking, etc.

Monday I am starting Power90!

I currently am using Power90. Started it the same time I began using MFP, and it has really helped me (down 12 pounds so far!). From that I'm hoping to move to P90X around the time I start my cardio training.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love banish fat, boost metabolism and cardio kickbox from jillian michaels. Both are worth the money and you need no extra equipment.

I have 30 day shred, but I haven't done it yet. I do BFBM twice a week.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

Hey, just wondering (since you're finishing up the Shred) how your results were. I just started the Shred about 10 days ago and I'm just wondering if you saw a big improvement. I'm interested in hearing about anyone's results from the shred...it motivates me to hear about people who had good results. Thank you!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    A couple of you are wondering about the results I've seen from doing 30 Day Shred -- I'll be sure to post my before and after pics for you guys! :flowerforyou:
  • Azzrielish
    Azzrielish Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

Hey, just wondering (since you're finishing up the Shred) how your results were. I just started the Shred about 10 days ago and I'm just wondering if you saw a big improvement. I'm interested in hearing about anyone's results from the shred...it motivates me to hear about people who had good results. Thank you!

I'm 40 years old, 5'2" and had a starting weight of 130lbs.

I started level 1 on October 25 with a waist of 29", hips 38", middle (at my belly button) 34" and thighs 22". Within a week I was seeing some results!

I will add that I also have been watching calories (net = 1200 calories a day) and walking 2-3 miles most days.

I got through level 1 and some way through level 2 when my other half decided to do it with me so I went back to Level 1 with him (and had the odd day of doing level 1 and 2 together). So I am theoretically way past day 30 - but I am just about to finish up level 2 this week and move to level 3 (which I tried out on Sunday straight after level 2 and it kicked my butt - but I am looking forward to it).

As of December 5 (41 days - I think there were two days in there I didnt do the shred) - I have lost 10.5 lbs, my waist is down to 26" (3" lost), my hips are at 35" (3" lost), my belly is at 30" (4" lost) and my thighs are at 21" (1" lost).

And thats before I actually start level 3!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

You might consider trying Turbo Fire...intense cardio combined with high intensity interval training plus strength training and core/ab work. I've lost 17 lbs in 18 weeks from it!

Sharon