How would you celebrate?

Options
Dear MFP Family,

I'm getting pretty close to my stretch goal of losing 100lbs. If I don't get there, that's totally okay because I am happy today as I am. But if I DO get there, THAT IS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT AND DEMANDS A CELEBRATION!

I have some ideas (trip to Vegas, a fabulous piece of jewelry, rent a beach house on the Lake (Lake Erie, don't be too jealous) for a week this summer and rock a baithing suit for the first time in a decade), but I want to know what you think

WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO CELEBRATE!?

Charmagne

Replies

• 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Rent a cabin in the mountains for a week :happy:
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Gosh just rocking that Wonder Woman costume you did is pretty hard to top!

I'd probably go back to England.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Sybaris with my honey. LOL jk or am I?! I would say a new wardrobe for sure! And maybe a nice getaway!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i would go for anything relaxing - you've done an amazing job! Congratulations!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    renting a beach house on the lake sounds awesome. CONGRATS what an accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself. enjoy your celebration no matter what you decide to do
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Pedicure, manicure & champagne, of course!!! As well as the self satisfaction you have that you accomplished something awesome!!!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I would do the lake and ROCK the bathing suit.....and shorts, tank top, and some really, really breezy sundresses! The form fitting styles of Course!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on being so close to reaching your goal.

I have set up my rewards in 50 pound increments and the reward is meant to help me intinsify and loose the next 50 (new shoes at 350, HRM at 300, Gym membership at 250 personal trainer at 200) and my goal is 170 but if I get to 150 I'm allowing myself to get any plastic surgery that I want to look the way I think I should cause lets face it, if i haven't acheived it by then It's probably not going to happen.

But I realized that I don't have a 170 reward for myself and it should be the grandist of all rewards becuase it's my goal. and it should be something for me and not something that will get me where I want to be physically.

So great post -

So it's some great food for thought. My initial thoughts are a trip. I've always wanted to take an Alaskan cruise or a Holy Lands tour but that really doesn't sound personal enough, grand enough.

I'll think about it and try to remember to get back with you when i come up with something.

Again, congrats on all your hard work.

- Eva
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Vegas would be fun...but Maybe a resort in AZ? or somewhere you can relax and play :)
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Spa Day!!!

U deserve to be pampered!
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A trip to the Mediterranean, on the beach. Romance, art, scuba diving, horseback riding, cafes,wine, Rome, Venice, Greece ..... aaaaahhhhhhh ......
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Really expensive jewelry is my plan. Perhaps a beautiful ring on your finger to remind you of everything you have done for yourself and your commitment to keeping healthy!
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    First of all, BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you. What awesome work you've done.

I think a trip or a cruise would be nice, a spa weekend, a whole bunch of new clothes, or whatever makes you feel terrific.

Have some beautiful pictures of yourself taken. Buy one of those leather journals and document your journey.

I am thinking I would go to Mexico, or Costa Rica, or one of our country's great playgrounds. What appeals to you? San Franciso? Branson? Nashville? Fort Lauderdale? New York City? Boston? The Maine coast?

Whatever you choose, enjoy yourself to the hilt, and Congratulations to you. You deserve a great time.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be there someday, and my ultimate reward is a trip, just me and the hubby, somewhere warm and sunny so I can show off my new body. I'm like you, I haven't worn a swimsuit in years, and haven't felt comfortable in one in longer. So my answer is, a trip somewhere warm and sunny, or a warm sunny place where you went "before" and weren't happy. Total redemption trip.

Congratulations, you should be so incredibly proud of yourself for how far you have come and for how many people you continue to inspire to do the same. Go party girl!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    WOW, congratulations on quite the accomplishments. I'm working on mine in 50 lb increments. At $50 I'm getting myself a small boat/Kayak. 100 will be a trip somewhere, just haven't decided yet.