Results from 5'6 ladies please! :)

Options
lablamires
lablamires Posts: 83 Member
I've started my journey/lifestyle change this week, and I just need a little motivation/inspiration. I would love to see some before & after pictures, specially if you started on the heavy side, like me. I've started at 238lbs. Thanks!

Replies

• lablamires
    lablamires Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'd also love to hear what you do for workouts/nutrition, and what motivates you, or what your passion is :)
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 3/4" :laugh: I'll work on uploading later...I've still got about 10 lbs to lose...But I'm getting close! I started out at 214 lbs.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 pics are my profile ...I started at 240 ish and am now 168 with 15 more pounds to goal , I workout daily a mix of cardio and strength training , eat to my daily allowance and on big burn days half the caps back ! I don't eat clean but I also don't eat chips cookies eta on a daily basis. They steal to many of my calories, but I do allow myself one day a week for going over my calories and usually have pizza and such then :) lol
  • bribrijean234
    bribrijean234 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" in the middle of my weight loss journey and struggling with PCOS, I'm down almost 24 lbs from 226.5 since January.
    I'm counting my calories and limiting the amount of processed foods I eat. For exercise I usually do a minimum of 40 minutes of Zumba most nights and this month I added in some body weight challenges: planks, squats and burpees. Looking to lose about 70 lbs more before I'm done.
  • katiemegcz
    katiemegcz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I too and 5'6", and started at 227, so we are really close. Not ready for the before and afters yet, since I am very early in the process, but I will say that tis really works. I have learned that for me 5 smaller meals per day works best, so I never feel hungry. do plan ahead when we are going out and I need to save some calories. Drinking water all day is more important than I can say (apparently I was interpreting thirst as hunger)-but since I am bored with water, I make some iced herbal tea and sub that in (hibiscus tea is good for BP). As for exercising, start slow and build. Trying to go all-in all at once either causes injuries or burns you out. I started walking (the fitbit is great for that). Now that we midwesterners cannot go out, I have started on the rowing machine, which is an amazing full-body workout that has done wonders for my metabolism. Since I am totally out of shape for this kind of thing, I do 3 10-15 minute sessions 4 days a week, and I am adding a minute to each session every day or so. Also snow shoveling apparently burns a ton, so while I hate it, I am doing that too.

As for nutrition, a few tips...get PB2. Just do it. It is powdered peanut butter that you mix with water. It has a richer peanut flavor than regular without all the fat. 45 calories for 2 tablespoons instead of 190. Egg whites are fantastic protein and low cal for those who eat eggs. 100 calorie roasted vanilla almonds are the best thing ever invented. Berries are low cal and high in fiber. I make some bean and veggie soup at the beginning of the week so I always have a low-cal protein rich heart-healthy meal in a pinch. There is a recipe on Fat Free Vegan Kitchen for Eat the Rainbow Soup that is DELICIOUS. Healthy life whole grain bread has 35 calories a slice and has made it so I can have a sandwich again without blowing out my calories (and it is good).

The important thing is to set a goal and stick to it, but do not do something you cannot live with in the long term. Better to set your calorie goal higher and lose slower, but still lose than starve on super low calories and binge then give up.

Good luck! If you stick with this, you will see slow steady results and change your life for the better.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    337cf4fe-0b1f-4ec4-a6ec-d2e551f7d567_zpse8037836.jpg

At my heaviest I was 205...see awful pic top left
    1month into MFP and 30DS and counting calories see not too bad pic bottom left...I was 178

ETA: I had lost about 20lbs prior to joining MFP

LBD pic...163lbs this past year in Nov...size small knit calvin klein

I am 10lbs from my 2nd goal weight and have appx 25% bf now.

I lift 3x a week using a progressive load program...Stronglifts and have started 2 HIIT sessions a week as well.

I eat on average 1700 calories a day and lose 1/2lb a week..give or take.

I eat at least 120g of protien a day and get in enough fat (usually over) and never restrict the types of food I eat....ie cutting sugar, bread, fast food alcohol etc.

The 2nd week of February I put on my grade 12 prom dress...it fit like a glove and I was about 135 in grade 12....24 years ago...

I currently sit at 164lbs...(gained some over 2 weeks vacation...down south)
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started at 174. I've posted a progress photo in my profile. At only 10 pounds lost I saw a HUGE difference. I do a lot of cardio and weights every other day or so. I'm at the gym pretty much 6 days a week. (I thankfully have a very supportive husband and family).

I'm a pretty picky eater, so unfortunately I don't have a lot of fresh fruits and veggies in my meals, but I do try to get whole grains in and protein. I've limited my junk food and fast food. That's made a big difference.

So far in the past 66 days I've lost almost 12 pounds. I completely changed my lifestyle and eating habits.
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump. I am 5'6 and I always see success stories of ladies who aren't my height :(.

Great Job to all of you ladies :)
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I started on mfp after I'd already lost about 10 lbs, didn't start pics until I'd lost 20. As hard as it is, I definitely recommend taking photos right from the beginning. You'll be glad you did.

154ed61d-17f1-4b04-95e3-ee4f1d2c12b9.jpg

I've lost another 10 since the last set was taken. I'm about 10 pounds from my initial goal weight. The losses have slowed down as I turned my focus to fitness over scale.

I eat 6 times per day.
    I run 3 times, swim twice, cross train twice, and try to do one yoga session each week.
    I self talk, aloud, when I wake up. "I promise to follow my plan today."

For exercise, in the beginning, I just walked. Everyday, I walked a little further. I then moved on to C25K, then C210K, now to Hal Higdon's Half Marathon trainer. So, I went from a non-runner ~ running 6 miles in 7 months. I never thought I'd be able to do that!

Chances are you'll fall from time to time, we're all human. The success comes when you get back up. Just keep getting back up and you'll make it!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Chances are you'll fall from time to time, we're all human. The success comes when you get back up. Just keep getting back up and you'll make it!

Best quote on MFP. I so want a "like" button.

Congratulations to all of you ladies! You're an inspiration.
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Here is a post I made a while back. I'm on my phone so I'm posting the link :) 5'6 here.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1107274-some-before-and-after-pics-38-pounds-down
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Here is a post I made a while back. I'm on my phone so I'm posting the link :) 5'6 here.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1107274-some-before-and-after-pics-38-pounds-down

Dude! If I can look like that 150 I will go bananas! Awesome work! I have a long road ahead of me but I think I am ready this time.
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm 24, and 5'6"!
    Started at 180ish, and now 125lbs.
    [img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/phr34k0wt/Mobile Uploads/2014-01/1270ef71-2a6c-49c9-a498-d9cb33c013e8_zps979abf6c.jpg[/img]

I'm 180ish in the two left pictures, and 135 in the two right pictures. Haven't taken any since I hit 125lbs! Toning time :)
  • kward0222
    kward0222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and 5'6". I started at 286 and am now at 228. I still have a long way to go, but I keep going. I haven't posted any pics yet, but I may soon. You can do it and it is so worth it. Just remember to log EVERYTHING.... (When you hit a slump, don't give up, keep going....)
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'5". I started at 228 and have lost 96 pounds.

-90lbsweb2.jpg
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    5'6" here. Avi photo reflects when I was at 188 (from 236, I started at 242), but I went on a "I feel sorry for myself I'm gonna eat everything in sight" emotional eating bender for 2 1/2 months or so and gained some back lol....So I'm back on track now.

I don't do anything fancy, just watch calories and work out. :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 started at around 285 lbs now I'm around 186 lbs after 14 months of eating about 1600-1900 calories. Started with no exercise at all, slowly added in biking and some resistance training. Now I love biking and lifting.

imqmhy.png
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 56 years old. Started at 230 and now at 143. I'd like to lose another 7, but not sure if I"ll make it. Exercise almost everyday, (even with knees that need to be replaced) and started doing some weights in August. I do exercise videos, bike riding, elliptical, whatever strikes me. It's all gotta be low impact, though. I subscribed to e-meals, following a Mediterranean diet plan. Even though it's not low cal, it is portion controlled and keeps me feeling full.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Don't really have a before picture but this is it now
    high carb
    high raw
    low fat
    (currently losing at 1800 but shall up to 2200 or so soon)
    not really working out but i might do some muscle building as it gets closer to summer

Height 5'6
    weight 118-120

t65ea1.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!