Help! Any advise is appreciated!

Options
Hi All,

I am looking for some help as I have hit a plateau for over two weeks now and feel like I am working really hard.

I am super consistent so outlining my week is easy. If anyone could spot some areas for improvement or provide some ideas I would be so grateful!

Breakfast: 9:00am
1.5 cup raisin bran w/skim milk

Snack: 10:30am
Cottage cheese 4%
1/2 cucumber

Lunch: 12:00pm
Protein 6oz (chicken breast/turkey burger or chicken sausage)
Salad or veggies raw w/1 tbls dressing

Snack: 2:30pm
Raw veggies
Greek yogurt

Dinner: 6pm
Protein 6oz
Veggies cooked (spinach or asparagus)

Workout:
I run 5K five days a week using intervals (this usually takes me 30-35 minutes depending on the day). I do this in the morning before work or over my lunch break.

After work, I hit weights 3-4 days a week. On these days I have a protein shake and banana post workout.

So.... In total I am eating roughly 1400 calories a day.

I am 5"4 and 159 pounds (down from 174 since January). I have not moved on the scale for two weeks and am SUPER FRUSTRATED!

HELLLLPPPPP!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Have you re-calculated your caloried goals since your have lost? You should be doing that every 10 lbs?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Two weeks without a loss isn't a plateau. You could be retaining water for some reason (TOM perhaps?). If you're truly eating 1400 calories, you will lose weight. Just don't expect it to be the exact same every week, it just doesn't work like that. If you're really worried, buy a food scale and start using that instead of cups and measuring spoons. What looks like 1.5 cups of cereal can be a lot different when you weigh it and look at calories per gram.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    It would help if you opened your diary :flowerforyou:
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Have you re-calculated your calorie goals since your have lost? You should be doing that every 10 lbs?

This. You may actually need to up your calories just a little?
    Great job on the weight loss. Changing your workout routine can help too. I was in a weight loss rut...and then I singed up for a BootCamp program. I go about 4 days a week and it's super intense!

Good luck!
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wait?!?! You are down 15lbs in 9 weeks and you think that you have hit a plateau after 2 weeks of no scale movement???

First a plateau is usually longer than 5 weeks, and many think that a plateau doesnt begin until the 8 week mark.

Second: Keep going, the starting losses probably had a lot to do with water weight and not fat loss, so just keep doing what you are doing. Use a measuring tape not just your scale to record progress. I bet your body is starting to play catch up. Thats often what happens for me on weeks where I dont lose anything. Its normal to slow down a bit as you approach your target.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You're fine doll.my scale hasnt moved since November...still tryna figure out what to do.. I would probably up your cals a little tho