Up my calories again?

Options
Here's the scoop: I've lost 92 so far but have been a +/- 5lbs plateau for the past month or two. I think I still have another 10-15 lbs to go. I'm currently 175, 5' 8". I eat 1900 a day, eat back exercise and 50c/30p/20f. I go higher with carbs since I am an active runner. I cross train 5-6 days a week and run about 3 days a week. Rest day once every 2 weeks. My thought is that I need to up my calories by say 150 a day, so an extra 1050 a week. Why? well I run higher distances once a week, so on Friday or Saturday I'm running 10-20 miles as I prepare for marathons. I tend to not eat back all the calories because 1) that's a lot 2) I don't really eat "bad" those days (I mean I'll eat Qdoba) 3) I'm tired from running and sleep for 4-5 hours...ha

So I'm thinking that if I up my calories on the other days of the week, it will help compensate those calories I am not eating back when doing long runs. Hopefully this would help my body be happy and get me losing again.

Think it will work or am I just filling my head with BS excuses? And help/advice will help. Most criticism with be accepted.
Thanks.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds are the hardest to lose. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week and be very, very patient.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I would eat more. We are the same weight & u are much more active than me but eat 300-400 cals less a day. You should jot have to sleep 4-5 hrs to recover from your long run.
  • SHHitsKaty
    SHHitsKaty Posts: 301
    Options
    I was wondering the same, I was recently told my trainer that I definitely need to be eating more but I wasn't sure how much more.

I'm training for a half marathon and do long runs every Saturday with my training group, I come home and pass the hell out afterwards for anywhere from 2-4 hour naps which is unusual for me, I was never a napper and I get adequate amounts of sleep every night, anywhere from 6-8 hours a night.

I'm at 123 right now, but there are days where I don't hit 1500, I'd say the amount can vary from 1400-1800 on days.

I work out twice a week with a personal trainer in a gym, lifting, doing all over body work, I run 4-5 miles every Wednesday, long runs on every Saturday (we're up to 8 miles).