Heart Rate Monitor

Options
What are some good ones to choose from?

I was looking at some Polar ones.

I bought one from Wal-Mart, a Sports Elite Duo 560, and it was awful! The chest strap didn't fit, and no matter how tight I put it on it wouldn't pick my heart rate unless a pressed it real hard against my skin, and the instructions for the functions made no sense!

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Replies

• meca85
    meca85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi I have a SportLine Duo. I forgot where I picked it up either Modell's or GNC.
    But it has been my BFF and it came with a chest strap. i don't know about other HRMs, but this one came with a tiny pamphlet with TONS of instructions. It was very tedious and annoying to set it up, but it picks up my HR perfectly. i never have to wait, it tells me when I am below my recommended HR level during my workouts, and also beeps to let me know I am in my "above zone".
    I've never had an issue with the chest strap itself, i do have to moisten it slightly when putting on as per directions.

There are fancier ones that sync with your phone, or computer, or i think even MFP, mine doesnt do that but i still love it.

This was actually my 2nd purchase. I wasn't happy with a Polar one I had first purchased and was lucky I kept the box and.was able to return it after I found this one.
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use the polar FT 40. Have had it for a year and it is great. Sounds like the Sportline's a good one too. All of the things meca85 mentioned about the Sportline I would mention about the Polar. Durable, easy to use, pain to set up (not really, just tedious), beeps when I'm above a certain level. Chest strap is excellent. No worries but eveyone likes the one they have (or they wold have brought it back and bought another!!!) LOL
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 or FT7 I have the FT7 and love it. It may have extra feature you may not need and could be fine with the FT4.

here is a comparison

http://www.polar.com/us-en/products/compare?product1=23349&product2=23350
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Two votes for Polar was good enough for me. I ordered the FT7.

Thanks all!
  • yummyboogereaterr
    yummyboogereaterr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4! The chest strap is super comfy, I even forget I have it on. The watch looks nice, isn't overly large and gives me quick heart rate readings and is easy to program. I definitely recommend it.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4! The chest strap is super comfy, I even forget I have it on. The watch looks nice, isn't overly large and gives me quick heart rate readings and is easy to program. I definitely recommend it.

This! (though sometimes it itches me at the closure, but usually I just have to adjust the "flap" and it feels much better).

I've made three somewhat significant purchases that have been key to my fitness/weight loss...the FT4 is one :).