Fitbit

Options
Does anyone have one? Thoughts?? Thinking of getting one...

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    GET ONE :-D
    I got mine early December and I LOVE it!
    I think its pretty accurate at calculating calories burned, gives a nice daily total of what we've burned and encourages us to get moving as much as possible.

Not that I was inactive before but its made me become even more active which is great :)

and its Totally Addictive! so be warned lol
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    So worth it. I have had mine for a year. If I didn't have it I wouldn't have believed how little moving I do unless I making an effort.
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i got the fitbit one jan 14, 2013 and love it. it really inspires me walk. since that time, i have walked about 1300 miles. never leave home with out it. find myself walking around the house just to get steps in. now i average 12000 to 15000 steps a day.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Yes. Get one.

They are a great reminder to get up and move - and help track it too.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My wife has a Zip which she wears religiously. We have only had to change the battery and it really helps her track her walking which can vary a lot day to day. She "watches" two 2 year old twins and some days are more hectic than others.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I just got the FitBit ZIP 6 days ago. Love it. So awesome seeing the stats on my smart phone. Really pushes me to go for another walk to get a few thousand more steps!
  • heidi3132
    heidi3132 Posts: 12
    Options
    Got mine for christmas and i love it- i make it a point to make my 10,000 steps and work hard to burn calories as it calculates it for me .
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yeap. Do it. I have a bodymedia fit (different, but similar data is gathered). It's been really helpful. I'm actually super sedentary (no, really) because I work from home 3-4 days a week. It helped me realize that estimates of my activity were too low and I needed to move more to actually achieve the deficits I *thought* I was achieving.
  • changingL1sa
    changingL1sa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just got one on Monday and so far I'm loving it. It really gives me motivation to get walking and meet my steps goal. The sleep monitoring feature is really neat too.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted the Force and am bummed that they recalled and stopped selling it (though I understand why). Supposedly they will be announcing their new one "soon", but I'm getting tired of waiting. I'm torn between just buying the Flex already but at the same time it is hard to go back to the Flex when I was oogling the Force for so long (it never went for sale out o the US).

I'm tempted to try to find a Force someone wants to get rid of and see if I end up suffering the reaction or not... at the same time because they recalled them, they are not likely to support them for future updates etc.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have the Zip and I LOVE it. When I first got it (almost 2 months ago), it was shocking to see how little I was moving during the day. Like, 2000-3000 steps max. Now I'm averaging closer to ~13,000 per day. It's definitely motivational!
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've used the One and am currently rocking the Flex. I seriously love my FitBit. It's great to motivate getting up and moving! I work at a software company, which means a lot of sitting. So, on my breaks, I like to go walking. I don't have to log my walking in MFP since my Flex and MFP account are synced, it automatically deducts and adjusts it!

I also recently signed up for Gym Pact and FitBit (and MFP) syncs with that, so I have another incentive to work out!

I did have to get a replacement One tracker when mine was on the fritz, but customer service was quick to send me a replacement, and I didn't even order if from them (I ordered it from Amazon, which cost less and I have free two day shipping)

I eventually caved and ordered the Aria scale, so anytime I weight myself, MFP adjusts with my weight. I highly recommend getting one!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have the Force and even though they don't sell it anymore they will still support the software, I love it and it keeps me moving
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend the Zip or the One. Wrist based trackers seem innacurate to me. And you only need the One if you want to track your sleep in addition.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting one. I hear they are great for daily activity but not for actual workouts. Is that a true statement? I use a HRM for my cardio (mostly running) so would I leave the fitbit on during my run or just take it off?
  • gottoast
    gottoast Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the fitbit force and my girlfriend has the flex and we both like ours. I use MFP to log all my food and just have it sync my activity so MFP is where everything is. Fitbit has there own web login and such but find logging food a lot easier in here. One thing to note with the fitbits to sync it to a smart phone you need to have one with Bluetooth 4 if not you can sync it to a laptop or PC with the included USB adapter. I did a video on the force here http://youtu.be/SeTQiYXYGH0 that will give you an overview.
  • WildWestWoman60
    Options
    I got mine in December too. I have the Fitbit One and it does a great job day and night. It helps me to push to reach higher limits with my exercise program, and it tells me when I've done a good job. It's helped me to get better at getting enough sleep, which has always been a challenge for me. I love everything about it. Also, the battery seems to last a long time too, so no need to charge every few days. Highly recommended.
  • rheannaraye
    rheannaraye Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I got mine for Xmas, and was very impatient until Xmas morning to open it, hahaha! I LOVE it! I love that it tracks my sleep and tells me my steps for the day. I have added some Fitbit friends and am in a silent competition between them each week. Last week, I was able to get up to #7 of my 40 or so friends, which was a HUGE accomplishment for me! It's so gratifying to see the little lights when I hit my goal for the day! I absolutely love it, and would definitely recommend one if you're looking for a comprehensive overview of your movements :)

Pros:
    Accountability
    Syncs with MFP
    Does the work "for" you
    Set goals (calories in vs. calories out, goals in steps per day, etc.)
    Gives badges for reward
    Pretty accurate :)
    Comfortable to wear

Cons:
    No real "support" (800 numbers, etc.) If you're not tech savvy, it can be difficult to set up for the first time
    Not helpful with workouts (lifting weights, etc)
    Does not sync with all phones (I have to sync mine through the computer)
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE MY FITBIT FORCE!!!! There are days where I am totally amazed with how many steps I take in the course of the day. We went car shopping last weekend and my mind was blown at how many steps I took. It is an awesome tool in my humble opinion and when you get yours and you have it synched to your computer, its fun to make friends and sorta-kinda compete against each other. :-)