Cheap Zumba????

Options
Anyone know where I can get Zumba DVDs without spending $60+ for them? My gym offers Zumba but with my work schedule and my son's basketball game schedule I just can't go. I would like to start doing it along with my Turbo Fire and Insanity (well to work back up to them due to medical/health issues) but can't really spend a whole lot. I've checked eBay but they go on there for about the same price as going through zumba.com.

Any ideas????

Replies

• tknuzum
    Options
    Maybe try amazon.com and see if they have used ones? Or don't get the whole set if possible. Just get the 20 minute express and the Cardio Party so you have different ones. Then as you get more money you can get the other ones? I am not sure if that is a possibility but its worth looking into.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I looked everywhere and ended up paying the $59.99 for them at www.zumba.com I did not find them comparable to the class - but they are fun. Do you have a Wii? If so the Zumba for Wii IS comparable to class - an awesome workout!
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I looked everywhere and ended up paying the $59.99 for them at www.zumba.com I did not find them comparable to the class - but they are fun. Do you have a Wii? If so the Zumba for Wii IS comparable to class - an awesome workout!

We do have a Wii......the question then would be could I get my two boys off of it long enough for me to do it......:laugh: :tongue:

I may have to look into that though....
  • piexcore
    piexcore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Many instructors post videos of their routines on You Tube. You'll have to use your own discretion ( some of them are kind of awful) but once you go through the trouble of organizing 10-12 videos, ripping , then burning them to a CD, you have a work out cheap as free. Plus, when you get board you can switch up the dances with new ones.
    I am a HUGE Zumba fanatic, I go to the classes at my gym at least five or six times a week , so I bought the DVDs for when I traveled or couldn't make the class. And I found them pretty dull. I'm an experienced dancer, so doing the same simple move for four minuets with slight variation doesn't really do it for me. The only one I really do is the LIVE DVD and the Ab workout. So I guess if you really want to buy them, get that DVD.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii, they have Zumba for the Wii for sale on Amazon.com.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Check out Ebay for the Cardio Party DVD. All the other DVD's are fillers.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

I ended up paying off Zumba.com too...I'm hoping Kinetic for Xbox 360 will come out with something...so the wii is just like class, which is the ultimate eh? and the DVD's are ok, just not like the class...DAMN! am i ever going to be able to work out at home? i hate it! I just want to go to the gym that's now closed for a year! or spring to be here so i can go mountain biking lol...winter sucks
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Anyone know where I can get Zumba DVDs without spending $60+ for them? My gym offers Zumba but with my work schedule and my son's basketball game schedule I just can't go. I would like to start doing it along with my Turbo Fire and Insanity (well to work back up to them due to medical/health issues) but can't really spend a whole lot. I've checked eBay but they go on there for about the same price as going through zumba.com.

Any ideas????

I just looked up craigslist in my area and they have the single DVD's starting at $12 each. And I saw sets for $30. try craigslist in your neighborhood. Good luck!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options

I ended up paying off Zumba.com too...I'm hoping Kinetic for Xbox 360 will come out with something...so the wii is just like class, which is the ultimate eh? and the DVD's are ok, just not like the class...DAMN! am i ever going to be able to work out at home? i hate it! I just want to go to the gym that's now closed for a year! or spring to be here so i can go mountain biking lol...winter sucks
    I have no idea if it's any good (I don't zumba) but http://www.amazon.com/Zumba-Fitness-Kinect-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0H7K6
  • lilRicki
    Options
    yay for peachy! guess what santa's bringing me lol...actually i'll try the DVD's first...kinetic also has a work out dvd, like crunches and push ups and stuff, so i might just do those two...I already know we got a kinetic for christmas so i'm just planning around that lol
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Have you checked Half.com?
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the Zumba for Wii for $40.. if you have a Wii..

Also I haven't tried but try Netflix?

Or your local on demand service? If you subscribe to the channel I know Comcast has it on Tuesdays.. you can DVR it and use it anytime?
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Also what about Ebay?
  • lilRicki
    Options
    or kijji...do you people have kijji? lol i tried but they didn't have any...or go to your local library and see what they have
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    yay for peachy! guess what santa's bringing me lol...actually i'll try the DVD's first...kinetic also has a work out dvd, like crunches and push ups and stuff, so i might just do those two...I already know we got a kinetic for christmas so i'm just planning around that lol
    My boyfriend is a video game nerd that works at Best Buy, we bought the Kinect the night it was released. :laugh:
    They have several work out games for Kinect, I have Your Shape, Fitness Evolved and it's pretty great! There's another one that comes with an HRM that actually interacts with the game.