Ceaser Salad

Options
lyndyb88
lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
Question - How many calories are in a ceaser salad? I searched the database and could only find chicken ceaser salad. Mine does not have dressing or chicken in it. After browsing yahoo for a calorie amount, I just did a quick add for 300 calories to my diary but I figured I'd post on here too. All my salad has in it is Romaine Lettuce, parmesan cheese, and croutons.

Replies

• nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    One cup of shredded romaine is 8 calories, one tablespoon of parm is 22 calories, and one cup of croutons is 122 calories. based the amounts of ingredients you put in your salad, you could you those numbers and do the math :)
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    its already low. you dont like the actual dressing?
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Quibbling here - that's not a ceasar salad - thats a bowl of lettuce with cheese and croutons.

Real ceasar dressing has an egg yolk, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt pepper and pepper, olive oil and parmesan. All good healthy foods.
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I only call it a Ceaser salad because that's what the menu said haha :P And yeah I'm not a fan of Ceaser dressing.
  • Gordo1981
    Gordo1981 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The easiest way is to then not call it a ceaser salad but enter your ingredients. I find this is easier when I am cooking at home though. Sorry if this is less helpful
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Agreed - this is what I do if I can't find a decent match.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Adding my voice to the chorus of logging separate ingredients. This is really the best way to go about most logging if you're unsure of how exactly the total product came together. If we're talking restaurant food and you can find their nutritional info on the website then that's fine but if you're talking soups, casseroles, etc, people can call things by the same names but make them completely different, especially considering this is an international site.

TL:DR - either log by ingredient or use the recipe builder for more accurate calories/macros.