Recording exercise with Fitbit

Options
So I have synced my new Fitbit One with my MFP. The MFP site say that if you are used a step based tracker to NOT record any exercises manually. My question is that I plan on taking my Fitbit off when I am doing my p90x vidoes and yoga as I don't think it would give a very accurate measurement of activity since somethings involve upper body workouts and not stepping style exercises. Should I record the exercises that I do without the Fitbit on in MFP? If I do will it mess up the calorie count?

Replies

• jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I record weight lifting and bike riding manually. Just make sure you accurately add the start time and duration. Fitbit will then deduct and calories credited during that time period. If you do that, it doesn't matter if you're wearing your Fitbit at the time or not.
  • ashowers36
    ashowers36 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice. I am doing yoga tonight and I wasn't really sure how to best record it. Thanks.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it I thought my readings looked off. So the next time I wrote down all my stats before I started the workout. Then I worked out, manually recorded it including the start time and duration, synched the programs, then compared my after workout stats. As far as I could tell, the results were flawless.