Logging Zumba

Options
I started doing Zumba last week and it is kicking my butt in a good way. I was just wondering how everyone logs it as part of their cardio work out on here.

Replies

• Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I log it as Aerobics - General.
    I plan on using Aerobics - High Impact once I get the moves down and can do it full out
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I log it under "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist. "

You have to take into consideration if you are going high, med or low in Zumba. I go high allof the time, so I log it as aerobic.

I love Zumba and it sounds like you do too!!
  • cherriies916
    Options
    i log it in as "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist".
  • shannontay
    shannontay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I created my own exercise.... I read that one burns between 500 and 800 calories an hour doing zumba (depending on how much you're jumping, etc.) I typically log between 500-600 for an hour just to be on the safe side. Such a fun way to exercise though - isn't it??
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and entered it myself.
  • flossicle
    Options
    I created my own exercise.... I read that one burns between 500 and 800 calories an hour doing zumba (depending on how much you're jumping, etc.) I typically log between 500-600 for an hour just to be on the safe side. Such a fun way to exercise though - isn't it??

I do the same.. i read on a site somewhere that that's what it burns so opted for about 500 cals per hour..
  • joycolborn
    Options
    If you take your current weight and times it by 0.061 this will give you the number of calories that you burn doing Zumba (fast aerobic dancing) take the number of minutes times the result from above and that can be your answer. I just put my info in each time I do it depending on how many minutes I have done. I have to say though I love Zumba. I havent been doing it for very long but the more I learn the more I love it! Good thing I get to do it at home though...Have a great day!

Joy
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I log as Aerobics- High impact. I go full out all the time, and I don't have all the moves down fully as yet, but I give 100% into the way I can do it.......
  • cherriies916
    Options
    If you take your current weight and times it by 0.061 this will give you the number of calories that you burn doing Zumba (fast aerobic dancing) take the number of minutes times the result from above and that can be your answer. I just put my info in each time I do it depending on how many minutes I have done. I have to say though I love Zumba. I havent been doing it for very long but the more I learn the more I love it! Good thing I get to do it at home though...Have a great day!

Joy

THANKS JOY for posting the formula :happy:
  • tknuzum
    Options

Joy

Where did you come up with the .061 number?
  • medtrans79
    Options

Joy

Does this formula work for all workouts or just zumba?
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I created my own exercise and log it in with wahtever my HRM says.
  • amguyberson
    amguyberson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I log it as Dancing - General