does anyone do cheat days

Options
was just wondering if anyone does cheat days dr oz says its good to do one once a week what do you all think ?

Replies

• suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    All day Saturday and Sunday.

Cheat days for daaaayyyyys.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I actually cringed a little reading your post because I can only imagine the mayhem that will fall in here...

But to answer your question I did do a form of it I guess once a week previously. Then I just stopped actively trying to lose weight for a few months and now that I'm back on it I will do one day every other weekend where I just eat without limiting my calorie intake.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If you do IIFYM there's no need for cheat days.
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I find it to difficult to recover from them. I can't just turn it off the next day. So for me, it's better to eat within goals every day unless there is some sort of family function or date night, and even then I compensate by eating less the rest of the day.

But I'm just starting out. If at some future point I need to start doing something like this to make this change more sustainable for life, then I'll consider it later.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I generally follow a primal diet, and my 'cheat' days are generally a couple meals out at restaurants that do not meet the normal primal guidelines. I pretty much stick to my calorie limit every day. If I do end up going over it, I don't freak out about it.
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't, simply because I feel gross after I eat a lot, even when I just eat close really close to my calorie limit. I don't think there's anything wrong with them as long as you can trust yourself to keep your eating habits in check the rest of the time.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I never have. I squeeze things I like in every day, so there's no need. . . As I see it, I am only cheating myself by not logging. So, even if I go over my allotted calories, I log everything
  • Jeffs_Jess
    Options
    I can't do a cheat "day" because then all day I will load up on sugar, chocolate etc.
    I will do a cheat MEAL, though. And stay on track the rest of the day.
    It's far too hard for me to recover from, if I cheat all day. And honestly, the next day, I feel like *kitten*.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I do cheat meals, not whole days.

Also, I have a personal vendetta against Dr. Oz, so they may invalidate my opinion here.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I don't routinely plan cheat days. However, if there's a special occasion, I do my best to keep it within my limits (eat less the rest of the day, a little extra workout time that day or during the week), but don't stress about it. Again, I agree with trying to work in the stuff I like fairly routinely so I don't feel like I really need a "cheat day".
  • Jeffs_Jess
    Options
    Yeah I don't listen to a word "Dr." Oz says.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    You're only cheating yourselves. :wink:
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days. But I also don't put restrictions on what I can have. Tonight, I'm making pancakes! :drinker:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You lost me at Dr. Oz.
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Not anymore. I plan ahead. If I want two slices of pizza, I'll fit it into my calories and macro nutrient allotment. Cheat days in the past often put me in a guilt mentality followed by restrictions the following days to try and compensate
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You lost me at Dr. Oz.

Me too....

But I will still answer. Depends on what you mean by "cheat". Do I go over my calories from time to time? Absolutely. Do I consider that a cheat day? No.

If you mean something else, you would have to clear up what cheat means for me to answer.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You lost me at Dr. Oz.

^^Agree.

Personally if I want it, I eat it and fit it into my macros. Nothing is off limits. Heck, I have ice cream pretty much every night before bed.
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    When they happen they tend to happen by accident. I don't plan for them
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Nope. This is how I live my life. I eat reasonably most days, and indulge more on other days. It all evens out. No cheating. No need for cheating. Same principle I apply to most important things. :flowerforyou:
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Not during deficit mode, but once I turn to maintenance mode I'm going to try one cheat day a week to see how that works.