Can you eat dirty and still lose fat?

Options
If I hit my protein requirements, can I essentially eat whatever junk food I want?
Would my my fat still drop? ( let's say hunger isn't a problem)

Replies

• rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes you can lose weight as long as your calories in line. Eating a bunch of junk often makes it harder to keep your calories in line, however. You may also have overall poor health despite losing weight due to poor nutrition.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Hitting your protein requirement on a cut won't leave you with many calories to junk it up with.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yeah why not
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    as mentioned as long as it's within calorie limits, and try to hit your fat macro too..and if they aren't custom set by you those are minimums...

My diary is full of "junk" on any given day...today is a great example...fruit loops, chocolate covered almonds, Tim horton's coffee...

This weekend it will have some sort of fast food in it too. I like chicken fingers what can I say.
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Hitting your protein requirement on a cut won't leave you with many calories to junk it up with.
    Debatable.. my carbs can be pretty dirty lol
  • andywang27
    andywang27 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you guys sure that fat will be lost and I still would lose minimun muscle or less muscle?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    if you are lifting and getting in your protien eat all the dirty food you want...

Be as dirty as you can get...

In all honesty looking at the profile pics do you think anyone telling you it's fine is not speaking from exp?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    ^ This.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    What's eating dirty? Like.. dirty rice or things that aren't good anymore? If you're aiming to meet your macros and micros, it'll mean typically eating nutrient dense foods. Though, I do enjoy a pop tart or ice cream to hit carbs. To ensure losing fat and not muscle, it's generally recommended to eat 1g per pound of LBM and find some form of resistance training (like weight lifting). I eat dirty, if that means I eat ice cream, pizza, fast food. But I do that with an understanding that most of my calories are still nutrient dense things like chicken, veggies, fruit and grains.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    20% discretionary calories at most or I'd predict psychological failure.

Arbitrary numbers and blanket statements. Prove me wrong.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    As long as you are eating below your maintenance, you'll lose weight. If you want to minimize muscle mass loss, then you should aim for about 1g per LBM, include strength/resistance training regularly in your weekly workouts, and don't try to rush your weight loss as eating too low can actually be counterproductive in regards to minimizing muscle loss.

"Once our nutrient needs are met, we don’t get extra credit for eating more nutritious food!' - Eric Helms

ETA: Your ticker says you are at goal. So are you maintaining right now and just working on recomping?
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    If you stick to your deficit, yes. That's what I do. See ticker below.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat anything as long you are meeting your 500 calorie deficit. Others choose to focus on more veggies, fruits, lean protein and complex carbohydrates as you get closer to your goal. You will need to concentrate on these fooods as you get closer to your goal to keep full longer with the last 5--10 pounds!!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yes...