Breakfast

Options
Hi! I'm looking for some suggestions for high protein low calorie, low carb breakfast ideas! Breakfast is the hardest meal of the day for me. I find myself eating a yogurt and then feeling sick by my morning snack (or lunch if I don't get time for a snack) because my breakfast hasn't sustained me. I can't eat eggs and I am trying to avoid breads in the morning (saving them for lunch or dinner). Any suggestions would be amazing! TIA!

Replies

• corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I had an awesome suggestion till you said no eggs. Sorry.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i'm a huge fan of fruits with cottage cheese on it :) sometimes a little bit of almonds too :)
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Some ideas that may inspire something:
    * Rice porridge (Is a Thai staple for breakfasts - Congee)
    * Banana and cottage cheese
    * Bacon / Banana maybe even with a drizzle of honey
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Add fresh fruit and granola to the yogurt if that's an easy breakfast for you. I add the fruit to the yogurt at night and throw the granola into a separate container and take the whole thing to work with me in the morning. (Then again, I can't seem to make it through a day without some yogurt!)
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Almonds + oatmeal + milk + fruit.

Add your choice of flavoring (brown sugar, agave, maple syrup, honey, splenda, etc.)
  • krillersmom
    krillersmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions! I appreciate it!
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I make a protein smoothie, its not really low in calories, well i guess that depends on what you call low...302 cals. I use a scoop of protien powder (chocolate normally), almond milk, half cup frozen fruit, chia and flax seeds (pre ground, half a serving of each) and if I don't love the taste of it that morning, i add a little vanilla yogurt to sweeten it up :). I have it around 8:30 and it keeps me happy til 11 when I have my mid morning snack.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why can't you eat bread in the morning?
  • pojinx
    pojinx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i really like eating these energy bites. they're easy to make and the ingredients all last you through quite a few batches. http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/
  • jlmuise25
    jlmuise25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    whole wheat tortilla, crunchy peanut butter, sliced strawberries. mmmm mmmm mmm!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    bacon...

yes smooties are good too.

Cereal? with skim milk..

Bacon

one of my favs is english muffin half with tomato and bacon with cheese.

did I mention bacon.
  • krillersmom
    Options
    Oh dear! That sounds amazing!!!!!
  • krillersmom
    Options
    It's not that I can't. I'm trying to limit myself to 2 servings of carbs (and by carbs in this case I mean tortilla's, bread, brown rice etc) so I usually have those with lunch or dinner.
  • krillersmom
    Options
    why can't you eat bread in the morning?

It's not that I can't. I'm trying to limit myself to 2 servings of carbs (and by carbs in this case I mean tortilla's, bread, brown rice etc) so I usually have those with lunch or dinner.

Sorry for the double post, still getting used to how to post lol
  • krillersmom
    Options
    whole wheat tortilla, crunchy peanut butter, sliced strawberries. mmmm mmmm mmm!!

Oh dear! That sounds amazing!!!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't track carbs so no clue on that really - and most of my breakfast ideas are egg + tortilla, egg + toast, egg in pancakes etc...but I had seen a lot of refrigerator oats recipes, tried a few, and HATED them all (thought they tasted like flavorless milky paste) until I made up my own and these are super good (to me and my husband anyway):

4 oz plain Greek yogurt
    1/3 cup cooked-down frozen strawberries (no sugar or anything else added to them)
    1/8 cup quick oats
    1/2 tsp ground flaxseed (optional)

or

4 oz plain Greek yogurt
    1/3 cup chopped frozen peaches
    1/8 cup quick oats
    1/3 TBSP honey
    sprinkle of cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground flaxseed (optional)

In either case, I put these together the evening before and let them sit overnight. Mix and eat in the AM. Tasty!