I hate plain water. So sue me.

Options
2»

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink water. I mostly drink tea and coffee and that seems to be alright for me. If you don't feel thirsty, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Just keep in mind that the rule should be reframed as: "Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," because all fluids count toward the daily total.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256

This.

You really don't have to drink plain water to stay hydrated.

That said, I just kept drinking plain water and eventually got used to it. It is pretty much all I want now. I actually like it.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I used to be the exact same way. You just kind of have to keep drinking it until you like it...like beer!:drinker:
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I really try to drink plain water. When I'm working out, it's totally easy. But any other time? No thanks. I usually add lemon, or even those calorie free, sugar free waters.. but I know they have artificial sugar so that's no help.

Anything you've been sucessful with?

I have a hard time drinking plain water too unless I'm at the gym, or it's really hot outside and I've been in the sun, or I wake up in the middle of the night parched. I like the Crystal Light and Propel flavor packets. And hot tea. Whatever works for you though to stay hydrated! :drinker:
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You don't have to drink plain water to stay hydrated. I'm picky about water. It has to be really cold and not have an "aftertaste." I drink a lot of tea and add Crystal Light packs to my water, even though I do like plain water as long as it is cold enough.
  • dmcdayton
    dmcdayton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I set goal 2 years ago to give up pop and found that drinking fizzy lightly flavored carbonated water was an easy transition. From there I progressed to a Soda Stream with a Pur water filter filtering the tap water and using limes/lemons. Eventually stopped flavoring it altogether. It was the bite of the carbonation of pure water that was satisfying, not the sweetness. I really crank the carbonation while at home. From there, I began ordering Club Soda with Lime when I'm out with the gang and it feels like I'm getting a drink along with everyone else.

Plain, unfiltered tap water can be nasty tasting because of the chlorine, Lime does a good job masking that when out.

Good luck!
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone. Plain is fine when I'm working out. Other than that I add Mio or drink coffee. Looooove Mio!