Shakeology?

Options
I am looking for a meal replacement shake - because my mornings are hectic and I often stop and get a biscuit from Chickfila. I need something that I can grab and go and eat/drink on the run in the am while dropping my three kids off at two different schools (this August, I will be dropping them off at three schools) before I head off to work.

Anyone have any insight on Shakeology? It is pricey, I know...but I like that it has vitamins and lots of fiber. Is there anything comparable out there or should I just stick with the brand?

Replies

• explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    First, don't waste your money, buy protein powder if you want a shake.

Second, totally IN for the drama.
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Is Shakeology the same thing as Body by Vi?
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you are concerned about fitting in a nutritious breakfast, have you considered green smoothies? They can easily be made the night before or even a day in advance and then refrigerated. Green smoothies are a great way to fit in a nutritious meal on the go, and they're affordable! I'm able to fit in half of my fruit and veggies for the day by having one everyday for breakfast. I make mine the night before and put it in a shaker cup. Oh, and you can always add a protein powder if you'd like. You can really add any fruit or vegetable, as long as the base is greens (spinach, kale, etc). Just google green smoothies; there are a lot of great recipes online. Good luck!

Side note: I've tried shakeology. It's very expensive and I didn't find it was something I would be able to maintain in the long run. Also, I didn't really care for the taste.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I'd figure a green smoothie (spinach, frozen fruit, a big scoop or two of protein powder) would be just as good and a lot cheaper. They tend to be my go-to breakfast.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Cue strong 1st posts from coaches..............................
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Well, I have tried green smoothies. The only concern I have with them is that I am prone to kidney stones...and I have read that too much of the greens could cause more. If you have ever had a kidney stone, I don't even need to tell you how badly I DO NOT want one again!! LOL. Ow!! But I do love green smoothies.

I typically do:
    spinach or kale
    1 banana
    1/2 yogurt
    1/2 cup of Almond or skim milk
    1/2 cup frozen fruit
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    If you are concerned about fitting in a nutritious breakfast, have you considered green smoothies? They can easily be made the night before or even a day in advance and then refrigerated. Green smoothies are a great way to fit in a nutritious meal on the go, and they're affordable! I'm able to fit in half of my fruit and veggies for the day by having one everyday for breakfast. I make mine the night before and put it in a shaker cup. Oh, and you can always add a protein powder if you'd like. You can really add any fruit or vegetable, as long as the base is greens (spinach, kale, etc). Just google green smoothies; there are a lot of great recipes online. Good luck!

Side note: I've tried shakeology. It's very expensive and I didn't find it was something I would be able to maintain in the long run. Also, I didn't really care for the taste.

This is very good to know about Shakeology. I have never been one to really want to waste my money on Monavie, Zija, etc....but I just liked that they had everything in one thing.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Waste of money...
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Save your money. Also, do a search in MFP and you will see hundreds of posts about this and what a waste of money. It comes up at least once a week.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Is Shakeology the same thing as Body by Vi?
    Yes. They are equally unneeded.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Protein powder + milk.

It's quick, easy, and keeps me full.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Well, I have tried green smoothies. The only concern I have with them is that I am prone to kidney stones...and I have read that too much of the greens could cause more. If you have ever had a kidney stone, I don't even need to tell you how badly I DO NOT want one again!! LOL. Ow!! But I do love green smoothies.

Relationship of oxalates in green to kidney stones is a neverending argument. However, you could always use one of the lettuces instead of the usual greens and not have to worry about oxalates. If you can handle something as bitter as kale, I doubt that letttuce would bother you. Or you could just go with a straght fruit or fruit / yogurt smoothie and dodge the whole greens issue.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this was a zombie thread. OP, don't do it.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this was a zombie thread

I thought the same thing since I saw this same thing yesterday.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    MRP's are an ok way to start the day. Shakeology is "good" the proprietary nature and price are "bad". At $4 per serving it is waaaaaay overpriced. Here is the best MRP in my opinion. I have added it to the foods section as it is a meal replacement. Meal replacements should not be used daily and they can easily become a crutch for some. I use this MRP I am in no way related to this company and it is not an MLM or any crap like that. My wife sells a truckload of shakeology every month. I think it tastes like crap, and is overhyped. Here is my recommendation. MTS Nutrition Macrolution. $35 for 30 servings. Check it out or don't. It is the best for the money.