Look at my diet... help?

Options
For breakfast I've been having

40g porridge made with water and an apple chopped up and thrown in, then when it's cooked I add a little skimmed milk...
Sometimes I have a banana after or as a snack mid morning

Lunch I've been having French toast (1 piece brown bread, 1 egg) with 5 tblspoons of beans every day.

Then mid afternoon an orange and a chocolate chip brioche roll.......my weakness!

Dinner today was half a baked potato, vegetable burger, 100g steamed carrots, handful spinach, onions

Now I'm craving something sweet

I feel like I could eat better or satisfyingly but just don't feel educated enough about it, help I'm sick of feeling fat and insecure, need to lose 30lbs over the next few months, by September would be amazing! Realistic?

Also am doing Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack dvd 4 days a week, and a little yoga after it

Replies

• Hendrixsgrandma
    Hendrixsgrandma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty high in sugar. Seems sugar creates cravings for more. I consistently crave sugar after a regular meal so don't have any answers!
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    if you eat more protein you would feel fuller. Try eating more then one egg when you have your french toast. Make eggs too.
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You probably need more protein, for starters, though it's hard to say without seeing your diary. Are you eating back any of the calories you burn? Remember, the calorie goal MFP gives you is already set at a deficit--that is, you could lose weight just by limiting yourself to that calorie goal, without exercising. So if you do exercise, you will be at an even bigger deficit, which can cause you to feel overly hungry or not satisfied. I know eating exercise calories makes some people nervous, so try eating back half of what you burn and see how you feel. You'll need a heart rate monitor, as MFP overestimates burned calories.

Try throwing a tablespoon of peanut butter into your porridge or onto your banana. Move the brioche to after dinner. As someone else mentioned, add a second egg to your lunch. At your afternoon snack, try a half-cup of greek yogurt sweetened with a little bit of honey or maple syrup with some fruit, or trade your orange for an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Are you a vegetarian? If not, try turkey or lean beef at dinner, maybe add an ounce of cheese to your burger. If yes, maybe try some tofu recipes. I really think protein is your big problem here.

So, an extra egg is 70 calories, a half cup of greek yogurt is probably around 150, (lots of variation in brands) a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup (and you probably won't need that much if you have fruit mixed in to the yogurt) is around 100 calories, two tablespoons of peanut butter added to your day is about 200, and a turkey burger is probably 200 calories, a beef probably around 300 (again, depends on size of the burger, leanness of the meat, cooking method.) So you could add some serious protein to your diet and feel a lot more full and satisfied and only add 600-800 calories to your day. Given how much and how intensely you're working out (That Jillian. Girl's a monster.) I'm willing to bet you can stand that.
  • Mamaof2UK
    Mamaof2UK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You probably need more protein, for starters, though it's hard to say without seeing your diary. Are you eating back any of the calories you burn? Remember, the calorie goal MFP gives you is already set at a deficit--that is, you could lose weight just by limiting yourself to that calorie goal, without exercising. So if you do exercise, you will be at an even bigger deficit, which can cause you to feel overly hungry or not satisfied. I know eating exercise calories makes some people nervous, so try eating back half of what you burn and see how you feel. You'll need a heart rate monitor, as MFP overestimates burned calories.

Try throwing a tablespoon of peanut butter into your porridge or onto your banana. Move the brioche to after dinner. As someone else mentioned, add a second egg to your lunch. At your afternoon snack, try a half-cup of greek yogurt sweetened with a little bit of honey or maple syrup with some fruit, or trade your orange for an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Are you a vegetarian? If not, try turkey or lean beef at dinner, maybe add an ounce of cheese to your burger. If yes, maybe try some tofu recipes. I really think protein is your big problem here.

So, an extra egg is 70 calories, a half cup of greek yogurt is probably around 150, (lots of variation in brands) a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup (and you probably won't need that much if you have fruit mixed in to the yogurt) is around 100 calories, two tablespoons of peanut butter added to your day is about 200, and a turkey burger is probably 200 calories, a beef probably around 300 (again, depends on size of the burger, leanness of the meat, cooking method.) So you could add some serious protein to your diet and feel a lot more full and satisfied and only add 600-800 calories to your day. Given how much and how intensely you're working out (That Jillian. Girl's a monster.) I'm willing to bet you can stand that.

Thank you so much! Yes am vegetarian... Will get hrm thanks for the tip :)