Places to stay in Florida...

Options
FirecrackerJess
FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
So who is going to get on a plane even though they are deathly afraid of flying? ME. That is if I can find a place to stay for a week, possibly March 16-24. My birthday is the 23rd and I don't really wanna fly on my birthday... I'm already gonna be freaked out enough as it is. I'll be of course in the Orlando area (I'd love to see more areas but being as I'll not have a car, I don't see that too feasible with cost of taxi's).

My sister is doing the Disney College Internship program I always wanted to do and didn't get to.... loooong life story there.... so I'll bore you with those details... but anways, she can get me into Disney World for THREE DAYS for nothing!! Although I have no job right now do to being laid off my last one and in school full time working on my Bachelors, this is a once in a lifetime thing I think for me. Gonna try and Price Line myself a round trip ticked (credit card, I know don't judge lol) and I am hoping to find a CHEAP AS CHEAP can get place to stay. Anyone visisted there before? Orlando? Have any ideas, tips? Etc? My sister can get me a slight discount at the Disney Resorts but even with her slight discount its still not enough of a discount lmao.

I looked at Couchsurfing but I've not heard back from someone I made a request with. Anyone know if its ok to make more than one request to other people to see who accepts? Or is that not ok?

I've not got my plane ticket yet... gonna have a moment of OMG when I do... so I am trying to secure a place to stay asap so I can get my ticket. Came as a last minute thing so hence my scramble.

Also, what should I do if I do end up there food wise??? That has me a bit worried calorie wise.

Anyways, figured this would be ok to ask/posdt in here since its chit chat I guess.

Replies

• FirecrackerJess
    Options
    And it would be just for one person, me of course lol.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    There is a Holiday Inn Express at the East gate entrance to Disney. It is located next to Old Town USA which has a few fun things to do. I think it typically runs about $100/night but if you go through price line you may be able to get a room for less. Good luck finding cheap cheap anywhere in Orlando, but at least this is a start.
  • FirecrackerJess
    Options
    Thanks, I'll look into that.